Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Women's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 57

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

They’re one of the only teams I haven’t watched anything other than highlights but the score lines sure make it seem like it.

Excited to watch the final.

2. orangehorizon

Trusted

I actually think that they do not at all. Even today they were not massively better than Sweden. But they scored their goals at the right time and took every momentum from Sweden, which made it look like they were clearly better.

And I know this comment will probably come back to bite me but I don't care.

3. orangehorizon

Trusted

Also, I think that the second England goal was offside, at least by the standards that the officials use. If you look at the image that they showed, the calibrated line goes straight through the England strikers heel. For me personally, I'd still consider this level but I have seen so many situations were goals were called off because of someones toe being offside that this should be clearly offside by the standards that have been in place since VAR was introduced.

But it also confirms my believe that the home team always has a certain advantage, even from the refs.

4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I don’t know, I missed the first 20 minutes but I was a bit baffled at how people were saying Sweden were playing great. I thought England were just in control the whole time I was watching. They’ve been the most impressive team I’ve seen this tournament. France have looked good in moments and Germany look very well drilled but seem to be missing something. England just look the most complete team.

5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Going in I expected Spain or England, and then after Spain lost Putellas it seemed certain it would be England, but Spain had them on the ropes for a long time in that QF.

6. orangehorizon

Trusted

Glad we are in the final. Popp is just so good. She has missed so many tournaments due to injuries and now she seems to make up for all of them.

Final against England in Wembley, that was the dream before the tournament started and now it actually happens. Imho the two best teams and this should be a really good game.

But also, what a shitty performance from the ref today. How did she end up refereeing a Euro semi final?

7. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Not surprised but as always, fuck Jaelene Daniels and fuck the Courage for bringing her back

8. Garrett

Meerkat likes this.
  9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Looking forward to the final tonight; would be great to see England win it all at home, something the men couldn't do, haha

Thrillcollinz likes this.
  10. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Won’t be able to watch but pulling for Germany today. Don’t think I can pull for England until everyone involved in the Sampson/Eni Aluko stuff are gone

11. orangehorizon

Trusted

Almost forgot that the final starts earlier, barely made it home in time

12. Garrett

Does Popp have the worst luck of all time?

13. orangehorizon

Trusted

How is that not a penalty?

14. orangehorizon

Trusted

Ref please, this is a final. At least try to be impartial

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yuuusssss

16. orangehorizon

Trusted

Finally

17. orangehorizon

Trusted

Elbow to the head.. no foul

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Germany much the better team here making my post the other day look silly. England just don’t seem to have started, other than the move for their goal. Germany were struggling a bit in the final third until the goal. Two very well good goals.

orangehorizon likes this.
  19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Our goal is so good. That finish is world class.

Hoping we can do it but Germany look the better team who are able to control the match better.

20. orangehorizon

Trusted

Ref is so shit

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Utterly bizarre refereeing performance here.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Ugh, this is going to go to penalties isn't it, just like the men's final

23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Haha, slow motion of the England player made it seem like she called the German player a "fucking prick", lol

bobby_runs likes this.
  24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

We’re gonna lose both Euros finals on penalties arent we lol

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Both teams are dead on their feet.