Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Women's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 53

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

It's confirmed that Sacramento will be starting an NWSL team in 2022. That'll put 12 teams in the league by 2022, which is pretty great progress. It's also funny that California gets two teams in one year after not having any in this version of the NWSL.

It also instantly gives ACFC a rival, which I'm even more excited about. I can easily make the trip up to Sacramento to support the team on an away day, especially because that's where my wife's family lives. I'm very curious what the expansion draft will now look like.

morgantayler likes this.
  2. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Yeah this would be the first expansion draft with two teams at the same time I believe so it’ll definitely be interesting to see how it plays out. Christen Press and Tobin Heath were taken by Louisville in the most recent draft but I think it’s highly likely neither ever play for Louisville and one or both will get traded to LA. Also Alex Morgan will probably be pushing to make it to California as well with her family being there.

3. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I would bet all of my money on Morgan coming to Angel City.

morgantayler likes this.