Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Women's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 52

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Hell ya

morgantayler likes this.
  2. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Awesome. I likely won’t become a fan but I’ll support them in viewership and possibly a trip to a game or two.

3. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I am so fucking excited.

My wife and I already decided that we’re getting season tickets to this new LA team as soon as they’re available.

Garrett and morgantayler like this.
  4. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

The name is not set in stone because they plan to officially debut branding, kits, etc. next year. But the team will join the league in 2022, which is probably the best decision.

Garrett likes this.
  5. orangehorizon

Trusted

Any real reason they are called Racing or is it just another one of those "let's name ourselves after some European team we have absolutely no connection with"?

6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The Kentucky Derby, the most famous horse race in the world, is in Louisville. So that's my guess.

DerekIsAGooner and orangehorizon like this.
  7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Sorry @Garrett, you’re a United fan now.

scottlechowicz and Garrett like this.
  8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Confirmed!

9. StevenW92

Regular

Alex Greenwood signing for Man City is an interesting one. Always though she was lucky to be picked for England ahead of a more defensively solid Stokes. Will be curious to see who gets the nod there. Great to see Bronze back at City.

The quality of the league seems to be massively improving this season.

10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

She's class. Shame we couldn't entice her back. She's played for Everton, Liverpool, United and City now lol

11. bobby_runs

Manchester Derby gonna look good.

12. DerekIsAGooner

I feel so left out that Arsenal hasn't signed any American players since they seem to be pouring into the WSL.

I know that the Arsenal Women started off the season by thrashing Reading, but based on the WCL performance against PSG a few weeks ago I think the team could use someone like Dunn, Williams, or Pugh to deliver that extra firepower from wide areas.

13. morgantayler Sep 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 9, 2020)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

They didn't sign any Americans because they signed all of the Aussies lol. Caitlin Foord, Steph Catley, and Lydia Williams are joined in the last few months

14. DerekIsAGooner

This is a good point. They're all in on Australia this season.

15. StevenW92

Regular

Aussie goal machine Kerr ended up at Chelsea too. Chelsea have insane options up top with Kerr, Harder, England, Kirby and Cuthbert to choose from.

16. DerekIsAGooner

Welp. Alex Morgan is dead to me now.

17. bobby_runs

Swoos likes this.
  18. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Lol sorry for your loss. From what I’ve seen she originally had no plans to go abroad but there are two other Orlando Pride players that signed with Spurs for the rest of this year and convinced her to go.

19. Garrett

Being able to keep up fitness for Olympics redemption has to be a key thing is all of these lady nats going abroad. I hope it works out well for all of them

20. Garrett

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Garrett likes this.
  22. Garrett

Tobin is exceptional

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Another great result for United. 2 down at half time coming back to grab the draw.

24. DerekIsAGooner

It's confirmed that Sacramento will be starting an NWSL team in 2022. That'll put 12 teams in the league by 2022, which is pretty great progress. It's also funny that California gets two teams in one year after not having any in this version of the NWSL.

It also instantly gives ACFC a rival, which I'm even more excited about. I can easily make the trip up to Sacramento to support the team on an away day, especially because that's where my wife's family lives. I'm very curious what the expansion draft will now look like.

morgantayler likes this.
  25. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Yeah this would be the first expansion draft with two teams at the same time I believe so it’ll definitely be interesting to see how it plays out. Christen Press and Tobin Heath were taken by Louisville in the most recent draft but I think it’s highly likely neither ever play for Louisville and one or both will get traded to LA. Also Alex Morgan will probably be pushing to make it to California as well with her family being there.