Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Women's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 51

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. morgantayler Jun 25, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 25, 2020)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

CONMEBOL and Colombian federation have done nothing to support the women’s game so it would have been wild to award them with a World Cup. I’m not saying that I don’t want to see South America get a WC but it would just make no sense in this scenario.

The Australian federation has done a lot of work in recent years to make better conditions for the Matildas as well as helping support and investing in the W-League to make it possible to keep players like Sam Kerr in the league for as long as they did.

I don’t know as much about the NZ federation but I’ve know they put in work as well. Just a few years ago their captain stepped away from the team because they weren’t being treated as fairly as the men’s team but I believe they made changes in regard to pay and conditions and she’s decided to rejoin them in the last year.

Garrett likes this.
  2. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

This is wild. It’s probably too late for them to re-enter the tournament though

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Glad NC Courage won today

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

JJ and Casey :heart:

morgantayler likes this.
  5. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

That was so incredibly moving

I don't understand how Rachel Hill could see Casey Short crying like that and still decide to stand. I don't give a damn about what your lame ass reason for standing is, you're a piece of shit if you can't support someone who is supposed to be your teammate.

6. BenSmith94

Trusted

Australia do sporting events so well. It's going to be a blast.

I was at Sam Kerr's press conference on Friday and it was so cool to see so many media people excited about hosting the tournament.

morgantayler likes this.
  7. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

What's the deal with Kelley O'Hara and Utah Royals FC? Is she just constantly hurt, or does she not want to play for them and always finds a way to miss matches?

8. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

She’s had bad injury luck the past couple of years, like even for the national team. I don’t think they’ve given a reason for today yet though.

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  9. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

This is awesome, hopefully CBS flexes some more games to the main channel. Right now the final is the only other game scheduled to air on it.

10. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Pretty sure it was just the opener and final on the main channel.

11. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

That’s what I said lol

I know they had talked about potentially making a deal for more to air on CBS so hopefully those numbers help

12. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

If anyone wants some good entertainment, watch the Sky Blue-Reign game that is about to start on CBS All-Access. They historically have high scoring matches, including two 5-4 results in the same season lol.

Zoshchenko likes this.
  13. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I'm not saying you jinxed the match, but ...

14. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Lol that wasn't what I was expecting but still a good game.

Tomorrow's 12:30 matchup should be a good one.

15. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Lmao of course the one I hyped up was scoreless. But in my defense they're were a lot of people out and there were last minute scratches I wasn't aware of. If Sophia Huerta had played it would have probably made a big difference for the Reign.

16. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Lots of rotation in both the Thorns in the Red Stars lineups today, should be a fun one.

17. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I know I lied about the last two but Spirt-Courage is already lit, please watch.

18. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Just going to leave this here

gonz (Alex) and Zoshchenko like this.
  19. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Wish I wasn’t the only one posting in here but wow these goals.

Garrett likes this.
  20. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

That backheel. Woof.

21. bobby_runs

One year ago today :star::star::star::star:

22. bobby_runs

Thank youbFB

Attached Files:

23. morgantayler Jul 8, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 8, 2020)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Say hello to the newest NWSL expansion team. Really like the colors, not too similar to the Pride either.

Also, I wouldn't rule out the potential for additional expansion teams in 2021. They were close to adding Sacramento ahead of this season (pre-COVID) but it didn't quite pan out in time. There have also been talks of LA potentially getting a team soon.

upload_2020-7-8_10-31-53.jpeg

Garrett and Zoshchenko like this.
  24. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Fuck yeah, Portland beat NC in the first game of the knockout round. This tournament just got instantly more interesting. Britt Eckerstrom played out of her mind in goal today.

25. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Looks like there is a good chance they announce an LA NWSL team tomorrow. Julie Foudy and Alexis Ohanian also posted this.

Edit: Grant Wahl confirms it