Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Women's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 49

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Yeah I wanted her to get the Olympic gold too. I hope USSF has someone in mind already. Can’t let it slip between now and Tokyo

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

07589AF6-DF67-4564-ABF3-40F5B20EF18B.jpeg

So somehow I completely forgot that I have Alex Morgan’s autograph.

3. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Lmao I love Rose

BoldType likes this.
  4. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Former USWNT defender Kate Markgraf is being named as the General Manager of the team today. She’ll be responsible for hiring Jill Ellis’s replacement.

5. GBlades

Trusted

All your posts appear to just be one word, is everything alright?

6. StevenW92

Regular

England having an absolute stinker vs Brazil. 2-0 down after 70 minutes.

7. Garrett

I clicked a notification while in the men’s footy thread and was horribly confused when it switched from a classic Spursing to a national team post.

8. StevenW92

Regular

Finished 2-1. We had a decent crack late on but this doesn’t look like a side capable of winning tournaments.

9. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Interesting news: Jean-Michael Aulas says that Lyon is working on buying and taking over a current NWSL team. There are two teams they’re interested in (that are unnamed at this time) but he hopes to announce that they’ve entered negotiations with one of the teams by the end of the month.

10. orangehorizon

Trusted

What does that even mean? Do they want to have a team from which they can easily get players from?

11. morgantayler Oct 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 14, 2019)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

If true, I like this a lot. Vlatko is a long time NWSL coach. I’ve only ever seen players say good things about him.

Edit: Grant Wahl says this is not yet a done deal so this remains tbd

12. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I’m guessing it’s similar to the City ownership group having teams in multiple leagues? The seasons overlap so it wouldn’t be that they can just go back and forth. The article I saw didn’t have much information so I guess we’ll know more when (or if) the official negotiations begin.

I couldn’t find the original French article but here’s one.
    Lyon planning to purchase NWSL franchise

13. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Louisville announced as an NWSL expansion team in 2021. And it looks like Sacramento will be announced soon for 2020. Both teams will likely end up with at least one USWNT player after their expansion drafts.

14. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Don’t know why I keep posting because apparently no one cares but Vlatko Andonovski is going to be announced as the next USWNT coach next week

Garrett L. likes this.
  15. Garrett

Congrats to Baby Horse on the Baby!

bobby_runs likes this.
  16. Garrett

Courage are so good. Wow.

17. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Wanted the Red Stars to win but the Courage were just too dominant today. That was really impressive.

18. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I'm really ready for the upcoming expansion to break up some teams and level the playing field a bit. There is no formal free agency and player movement only happens with trades and when players get released. It has made postseason underwhelming to watch the last few years.

It sounds like they are also going to increase the salary cap and make some changes to the player payment model this offseason so that should help shake things up as well.

19. Garrett

orangehorizon likes this.
  20. Garrett

orangehorizon likes this.
  21. Garrett

Carli very much making her case that she’s still best after Alex

22. Garrett

23. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

This is....not great, Bob.

24. Maddy McKinley

I've just written my first blog about female athletes and taking ownership of their image.
    Please read, RT and comment. Naked Female Athlete Photoshoots: A step forward for feminism or a giant backwards leap? https://tmblr.co/ZJMnzV2nEBPsh

oakhurst likes this.
  25. morgantayler Jan 31, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 1, 2020)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I know the USWNT’s CONCACAF competition is not the best besides Canada but my god Tobin. This goal is nasty.