Women's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 49

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

It’ll be interesting to see how this works out. Brazil has the talent to be a great team but have never had enough support by the federation. I wonder if this hire means that’s going to be changing.

2. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Well I’m not surprised that this happened but I didn’t think it would happen so soon. I figured she’d stick around for the Olympic next year.

3. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Supporter

Yeah I wanted her to get the Olympic gold too. I hope USSF has someone in mind already. Can’t let it slip between now and Tokyo

4. Garrett L.

Moderator Moderator

07589AF6-DF67-4564-ABF3-40F5B20EF18B.jpeg

So somehow I completely forgot that I have Alex Morgan’s autograph.

orangehorizon likes this.
  5. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Lmao I love Rose

BoldType likes this.
  6. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Former USWNT defender Kate Markgraf is being named as the General Manager of the team today. She’ll be responsible for hiring Jill Ellis’s replacement.

7. GBlades

Trusted

All your posts appear to just be one word, is everything alright?

8. StevenW92

Regular

England having an absolute stinker vs Brazil. 2-0 down after 70 minutes.

9. Garrett L.

Moderator Moderator

I clicked a notification while in the men’s footy thread and was horribly confused when it switched from a classic Spursing to a national team post.

10. StevenW92

Regular

Finished 2-1. We had a decent crack late on but this doesn’t look like a side capable of winning tournaments.

11. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Interesting news: Jean-Michael Aulas says that Lyon is working on buying and taking over a current NWSL team. There are two teams they’re interested in (that are unnamed at this time) but he hopes to announce that they’ve entered negotiations with one of the teams by the end of the month.

12. orangehorizon

Regular

What does that even mean? Do they want to have a team from which they can easily get players from?

13. morgantayler Oct 14, 2019 at 9:43 AM
    (Last edited: Oct 14, 2019 at 12:59 PM)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

If true, I like this a lot. Vlatko is a long time NWSL coach. I’ve only ever seen players say good things about him.

Edit: Grant Wahl says this is not yet a done deal so this remains tbd

14. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I’m guessing it’s similar to the City ownership group having teams in multiple leagues? The seasons overlap so it wouldn’t be that they can just go back and forth. The article I saw didn’t have much information so I guess we’ll know more when (or if) the official negotiations begin.

I couldn’t find the original French article but here’s one.
    Lyon planning to purchase NWSL franchise