Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Women's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 44

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Nah. Just do the second part.

orangehorizon and Mrplum5089 like this.
  2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I don’t get the obsession with expanding tournaments to include teams not really good enough to participate. Money talks...

3. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

But yes, please pay these talented women and teams more money!

justin. likes this.
  4. StevenW92

Regular

Would make more sense for there to be 32 teams in 8 groups and the top 2 qualify for the knockout stages. It would paint a much clearer picture for teams once their group has finished and they wouldn’t be waiting around to see other results.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  5. Platy

Sam

Sweden playing us off the park so far.

6. orangehorizon

Trusted

Great Robben tribute goal

Preserved Moose likes this.
  7. Platy

Sam

Wow, what a turnaround.

8. orangehorizon

Trusted

Such a great goal, it's a shame it doesn't count.

9. Platy

Sam

Correct call by the ref though, shame it doesn't count. Finally England have woken up.

orangehorizon likes this.
  10. orangehorizon

Trusted

What a clearance from Fischer.

11. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

What a last gasp defensive stop

12. Garrett

It’s hard to say that any of the last eight teams didn’t deserve more. It’s wonderful watching the top teams of the sport competing. Was rooting for England, but Sweden played an excellent leave it all on the field match.

13. StevenW92

Regular

Dreadful final game. Phil got his tactics wrong again today. At one point we had 4 centre midfielders on and no wide players. Greenwood is clearly second best at left back so why she was called back in is a mystery. This team has still got some way to go if we want win a major trophy.

14. orangehorizon

Trusted

Absolutely, and with that said, I don't understand why so many people think that the US already has the gold medal in their bag. They are certainly slight favorites but not by a big shot. In all of their knock-out games they probably were the better team but just slightly. They relied on two soft penalties against Spain and only won with one goal against a France team that played way below their usual potential. And England just needed to convert that penalty to go into extra time.

15. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Third place games are always weird but it's still a shame to lose. I don't particularly rate Neville but to be fair I just don't think we have that many good players to choose from. Everyone looks so uncomfortable on the ball except Bronze really. The passing has been awful all tournament. We've shown flashes of quality for the goals but overall it's not been great performance wise. Gutted for White having TWO goals ruled out by VAR too!

16. orangehorizon

Trusted

I really think you are too harsh with your team. England made the semis twice in a row in the WC. And the game against the US was very close. With a little bit more luck you could have won it all. And Ellen White is probably one of the best strikers in the world. Your future certainly looks quite bright.

Garrett L. likes this.
  17. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Yeah you're probably right. We were pretty unlucky really. The "so close buy yet so far" outcome is just typical England really. I can't say I'm surprised haha.

18. Garrett

This final definitely has shades of 2011 all over again. Which I think works since so many of those ladies are still around. This group is so confident and focused.

19. bobby_runs

3-1 USA.

20. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

So many Americans out and about in Lyon today. I love it.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  21. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

So stoked for today

22. StevenW92

Regular

The atmosphere will be fantastic today. My sister has been sending me videos from Lyon and it’s a sea of orange where they are. Hopefully the final is a good competitive game. Feel like the US are clear favourites but Miedema is clinical and will make the most of any chance she gets. Think the Netherlands best hope is Van der Sanden having a good game. Be interesting to see how Van der Donk competes with the US midfield.

23. DerekIsAGooner

I think the Netherlands supporters are just more organized. Currently, the Dutch supporters section looks 10 times times full than the AO section, but the stadium is overwhelmingly pro-USA.

24. bobby_runs

LFG. 3-1 USA

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  25. DerekIsAGooner

ALfg