Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Women's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 43

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. StevenW92

Regular

2. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Yeah we desperately need better midfielders. So sloppy with the ball. Unless Holland or Sweden get the fractional luck England didn't get (like being ONSIDE by 2 inches and scoring a pen) I can't see them causing much trouble.

Platy likes this.
  3. StevenW92

Regular

I think Jordan Nobbs is a substantial upgrade on Walsh. Shame she was injured and restricted to punditry. Scott would have been better suited to the Walsh role which would have allowed Nobbs to be a bit more creative.

Preserved Moose likes this.
  4. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Yeah I think Neville recognises it which is why he tried putting Bronze there in a few games in the build up. We really didn't get her on the ball enough in their half.

5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Warriors blowing a 3-1 lead style memes will never not be hilarious to me

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  6. Garrett

As a US fan, I love the English team and respect them more than any other team. And the banter is just the best because of the (mostly) friendly history between us. I’m glad it was a battle. The English are here to stay after two semifinals. Wishing them luck in the third place game for sure.

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

9. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Just got back to our Air BnB in Lyon.

Transportation to and from the Lyon Olympic stadium is a bit of a nightmare. Tons and tons of us squished like sardines into a light rail car that goes 30 minutes out of the city to the stadium.

BUT... I cried at the USA goals and I’m only one win away from seeing my team win a World Cup. That’s all that matters.

10. morgantayler Jul 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 2, 2019)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

This was such a great game to watch. I'm so happy Press scored a goal today, one of her biggest criticisms has been that she hasn't shown in big games but she also hasn't had much opportunity to do so. It made me happy that she was able to prove those doubters wrong. I'm also really happy for Naeher, she's had some shaky moments but she held her own when it mattered most. England had a great game as well and Ellen White was fantastic.

I really hope Pinoe and Rose will be good to go for the final but I think the US will be fine if they aren't.

I'm sure these last few months have been tough for Press with her mom passing away, I'm so happy she got this moment.

upload_2019-7-2_22-10-24.gif

11. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Also, btw I saw Grant Wahl at the Paris train station. We were on the same train down to Lyon on Monday. He was helping some Americans figure out the ticketing machine to get their train tickets - top quality guy.

Garrett L. likes this.
  12. Garrett

13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Pleased for them and for women's football, despite the obvious disappointment.

14. Platy

Sam

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

16. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

So who do we (USA) want to see in the final?

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Sweden.

18. morgantayler Jul 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 3, 2019)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Ehh we’d beat either one of these teams. I’d rather face the Netherlands than get a second game against Sweden in this tournament.

19. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Yeah not seeing anything dangerous from either of these. Think USA will win comfortably and it'll be pretty anticlimactic. Shame the England game wasn't the final.

morgantayler likes this.
  20. bobby_runs

France or England should have been on the other side.

21. Platy

Sam

Both keepers have made great saves to keep this 0-0.

22. Garrett

Megan and Rose claim they’re good to go for the final.

Feel like we might see a pretty different line up for the final anyway. Tobin hasn’t quite been Tobin this tournament.

23. bobby_runs

She has at moments. She’s not scoring or creating assists. But she’s still having a part

24. Platy

Sam

Asllani getting stretched off with a neck brace on wasn't nice to see, hope she's ok.

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter