Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Women's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 36

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Good call

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Calling for Pinoe to be taken off making me look foolish. (She has been sloppy at times today, though.)

3. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

HOLD THE LINES

4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

The kind of match the USA needed, to really teach them again what real competition they'll face later on

Garrett L. likes this.
  5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

7 minutes of extra time? Dang

6. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

That was such a shitty game lol.

I hate Jill Ellis so much.

7. DerekIsAGooner

I think the players know how shitty that was. Hopefully it's the same wakeup call a lot of people were saying France's match against Brazil was for France yesterday. Let's just hope that Horan is the first name on the team sheet against France on Friday.

8. DerekIsAGooner

With the USA's win today against Spain, it's official that my wife and I will be in Paris this Friday, the day the USWNT take on France. Sadly, we don't have tickets for the match (we have tickets to both semi-finals and the final and this match is super sold out). If anyone will be (or knows anyone who will be) in Paris on Friday for the Women's World Cup give me a shout! I'd love to find a group of Americans to enjoy the match with. If you hear anything about fan events in Paris let me know as well! And if you actually know anyone who has a lead on two tickets for Friday's match please send them my way. Let's go USA!

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  9. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Honestly, Alex Morgan needs to be on the bench to start the game against France. She is not fully fit and I’d rather have her in as a sub than running around for 70+ minutes when she’s not at 100%.

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  10. DerekIsAGooner

I agree with you. I think you're right about her injury.

11. Garrett

Reach out to the American Outlaws

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Hopefully having three full days off can help rest their legs a bit more

13. DerekIsAGooner

I'll do that. I'm pretty sure I'm still an AO member, but everywhere I look says the match is sold out. It's worth a message to AO anyway though.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  14. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I’m going to have to work on Friday during the USA-France game so I’m going to try my hardest to avoid the score and watch it after. I really wish I could watch it live though.

15. Garrett

They’ll know about watch parties though

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  16. Garrett

I think it’ll get overlooked, but Spain had three extra days of rest going into today and it showed in their pressure.

17. Platy

Sam

Japan have been unlucky there, but it's a handball with the new rules.

18. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

These handballs are a joke. Her arms were down by her side and was hammered at her from pretty close.

orangehorizon likes this.
  19. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

It’s gonna be so fun to see strikers purposely aim for arms in the box now.

20. StevenW92

Regular

Big test for England tonight vs Norway. Feel like this could be our toughest game yet. Big boost to have Haughton recover from injury. Bright has come back from illness which is a potentially a bad thing as she’s looked very shaky in possession at times. We can’t afford to give up possession tonight like we did vs Cameroon. Strong performance needed tonight. We really need to start playing at our best.

21. Platy

Sam

The worst thing about the WWC is Jonathan Pearce.

Preserved Moose likes this.
  22. Platy

Sam

Great fake by White

23. orangehorizon

Trusted

Now that's a great goal.

24. orangehorizon

Trusted

Norway need to convert these chances. England is begging for the 3-1 right now.

25. orangehorizon

Trusted

Lol, that's never a penalty.