Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Women's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 31

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. orangehorizon

Trusted

Two things:
    1. Asians are usually very humble people and also for Thailand this game against the US alone was a once in a lifetime event. Of course they were happy no matter how it all went.
    2. Thailand is probably even less a football nation than the US so no wonder they don't know about basic unwritten rules.

If that's the way you do it then fair enough. Just don't expect other nations to respect you or just take it as a "yeah, it's the US, they are like that". If you behave shitty you get a response accordingly.

2. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

USA could rack up another big win here. Chile look in big trouble.

3. preppyak

Elite Supporter

woof, US goalie looking bad when she finally got challenged

4. Hell of a header JJ

5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

What a strike from Carli that was. Keeping up with this game at works makes me sad

6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Amazing how good this USA women's team is, and how pathetic the men's team is, haha. Will be interesting though if/when they play Sweden or France

7. preppyak

Elite Supporter

That shot by McDonald was awesome. Shame it didnt go in.

Chil goaltender is way better than Thailand. This game would be 6-0 at least if it was the Thai goalie

8. preppyak

Elite Supporter

wow, what a save by Endler

9. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Endler is so fucking good.

10. orangehorizon

Trusted

VAR is a mess, the foul was clearly outside the box.

preppyak likes this.
  11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Ooooffff, penalty shot goes wide

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Regardless, this U.S. team still looking strong against a much better Chilean team

13. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Credit to Chile for keeping the score down. The commentator said they only had like 700 and something players to choose from in their whole country and USA has 1.2 million ish. Crazy.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  14. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Thats definitely mostly Endler. Chile defense has been pretty spotty, she saved them from 2 goals minimum. She's been stopping a lot of good crosses too

Preserved Moose likes this.
  15. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Her and the Argentina keeper looked good. So many other countries really need to dig out some tall agile women from somewhere!

preppyak likes this.
  16. orangehorizon

Trusted

Clever by the Chinese to draw Spain and secure the 3rd place instead of the 2nd, which means they avoid the US team in the next round.

17. orangehorizon

Trusted

Lol, VAR really wants France to score in this game...

Preserved Moose likes this.
  18. orangehorizon

Trusted

It's a joke at this point. Even the new rule states that the keeper can make a step forward the moment the player shoots the penalty.

VAR in combination with the new rules is really killing football as we all knew it. We thought it would get more fair, but instead it opened up a whole new level of manipulation the way it is executed.

19. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Baring a huge collapse against Sweden and unexpected results in the round of 16... The USA is on a direct course for a quarterfinal matchup against France. This is thanks in large part to a very dodgy France penalty call against Norway and now this VAR mess against Nigeria. It's so frustrating that things are turning out this way.

On a side note, if anyone hears anything about tickets for that very likely USA/France quarterfinal in Paris give me a shout. It's my 2nd day in France and I'd of course love to go. Sadly, tickets are 100% sold out on the FIFA WWC ticketing website.

20. orangehorizon Jun 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 17, 2019)
    orangehorizon

Trusted

The US will most likely play Spain it the next round which is certainly no secure victory. Especially since the US did not have a real opponent in the tournament yet.

21. DerekIsAGooner

You’re right. Spain is a very good team and the USA has a lot of work ahead of them. Spain’s #10, Jennifer Hermoso, has been my favorite player to watch this tournament. I’m just betting on the USA playing to their ability and making it to that quarterfinal match.

22. orangehorizon

Trusted

The US team is certainly the favorite but Spain is really a tough opponent. Will be a great game to watch for a neutral fan.

23. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Group C finished with Italy, Australia, and Brazil all with 6 points and it's the first time it's ever happened in the WWC. It's easily been the most exciting group to watch so far.

Brazil is gonna to draw France or Brazil in the Round of 16, tough luck for them.

24. DerekIsAGooner

That’ll be one hell of a match.

Also, the way that group C ended is exactly why the USA shouldn’t have taken it easy against Thailand. Goal differential can always be huge.

bobby_runs likes this.
  25. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I’m hoping Scotland can put themselves in a situation where they could advance from group play. Argentina going through on 2 pts will be tough to see