Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Women's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 30

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. StevenW92

Regular

Absolutely the same discussion would be being had if it was the men’s World Cup. For me if you’re scoring your first World Cup goal then go absolutely bananas but it does seem a bit disrespectful when you’re doing a dance with the entire substitutes after you’ve just bagged your 4th of the game. Also found it odd the entire bench were camped near the Thailand penalty after all the US subs had been made.

Just got to credit the US for the scoreline though. They really look a force to be reckoned with. Will be interesting to see how they match up vs Sweden for more an accurate picture of how good they are. I’m not too fearful of them after last nights result.

orangehorizon likes this.
  2. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

If they tie Sweden this game will make alot more sense

3. clucky

Trusted Supporter

yeah but it doesn't matter when in the game you did those celebrations. they are all over the top enough that you'd be a dick even if it was the game winning goal in the world cup final

orangehorizon likes this.
  4. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Why? I'm just happy I scored and having fun!

5. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Rooting for Norway right now. France finishing second in that group would be huge for the USA come the knockout rounds.

(Plus, if France don't win the group then I'm hoping a bunch of tickets get released for the knockout round match on the 28th in Paris. I land the day before, and if I can somehow get ahold of tickets I'd love to attend one more match.)

6. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Very harsh penalty there.

7. nah fuck that - these players train for years to get to this stage, and they shouldn’t have to tone down their excitement regardless of the score.

bobby_runs likes this.
  8. StevenW92

Regular

I don’t think preplanned dances is really a signal of excitement.

9. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

FWIW, the Thai players and coaches are not upset about the game.

gonz (Alex) and Mrplum5089 like this.
  10. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I can't believe Formiga is still playing. Seven WCs is insane.

11. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Amazing

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  12. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

That yellow on Formiga could potentially be a big game changer if Australia wins today’s and Italy win tomorrow. Brazil would really miss her presence in their last game against Italy.

13. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

That goal was tremendous.

14. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Well Australia continues to underwhelm....

That was a fantastic goal though

15. DerekIsAGooner

Australia is on pace to be the biggest disappointment of the tournament. They got hard done by on the Brazil penalty, but things aren't looking good at the moment.

16. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

FOORD

This will make the second half way more interesting.

17. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Holy shit that Logarzo goal, we’ve got ourselves a game

18. DerekIsAGooner

It figures Australia would go ahead and tie it after I post this. We're in for a heck of a final 30 minutes.

19. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

[​IMG]

preppyak likes this.
  20. DerekIsAGooner

People are going to roast VAR after how it just impacted the Jamaica v Italy match, but I'm going to argue that the referee should have spotted both things VAR overturned.

I thought the penalty to Italy was pretty clear and ref messed up by not calling it. As for the keeper moving early, it was pretty clear in watching the replay... but one could also argue that keepers always move early on penalties and it hardly gets called.

21. What a fucking save

Preserved Moose likes this.
  22. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Great save but the ref took too long to get everyone back! Come one England!

23. preppyak

Elite Supporter

England. Cant. Finish.

24. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Finally!

25. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Canada absolutely dominating NZ. They look pretty good. Great wingers.