Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Women's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Hope gets the Golden Glove and Alex Morgan gets the Golden Ball and the Golden Boot. Well deserved.

Garrett L. likes this.
  2. George Mar 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 10, 2016)
    George

Trusted Prestigious

Gazza-esque.

Edit: Does Streamable embed? It does indeed!

Wharf Rat and Garrett L. like this.
  3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Garrett L. likes this.
  4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Could watch that all day god damn!

Garrett L. likes this.
  5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Converting @Nick to a USWNT fan one Alex Morgan goal at a time. Yes, yes.

6. Meerkat

Women's soccer is where it's at. I feel like there's a lot more respect, camaraderie, and even general bad ass-ness in women's soccer than in any male sport I've ever seen.

7. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I don't know, I've seen some brutal Women's soccer matches in terms of personal fouls and the like. Not as big of a deal at the professional level, but high school/college it seems like every team has a goon out there like in hockey ready to take opponents out.

8. Meerkat

I'm not saying it doesn't exist on the leagues/sport. I've just found it to be a better fan experience

DeviantRogue likes this.
  9. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Oh, I forgot it's the summer olympics this year.

gonna be good :-)

I really need to check out more soccer outside of World Cup/Olympics season.

10. Garrett

Quite a few of us will always be around to help with that! Though admittedly it's much easier to do that with men's soccer.

11. Meerkat

Oh. My. God.

[​IMG]

Garrett L. likes this.
  12. Garrett

So that's why she's not been on the team! And hopefully their son chooses the US over Britain. That way, he can play alongside baby Donovan.

13. Meerkat

@Garrett L. Are you familiar with her story in general? She grew up in Canada but had dual citizenship and at one point she and her mom were told she should go to the American team so she could be on a better team (or something to that effect)

14. Garrett

@iplaydrums Yeah, I'm pretty familiar. She played for the Canadian U-squads and then Pia was like "Yooooo" and she was like "Word" and now she's a World Cup champion, haha. If you didn't know, her husband is British (and a player for Sporting Kansas City who scored a SICK goal this weekend), so their child will have the option to choose between the US, Canada, and England should he reach that level of quality.

iplaydrums likes this.
  15. Meerkat

@Garrett L. Watch he's just like "eh, I'm gonna be an accountant"

Garrett L. likes this.
  16. Garrett

I just had a vodka arnold palmer come out my nose reading that.

One of my favorite things in soccer is when players become moms/dads. Hilariously, when Spain won the 2012 Euros, like six of the guys became dads 9 months later.

17. Meerkat

Yeah there are I think 3 or 4 women from the World Cup team that are pregnant haha

18. Garrett

I mean, I TOTALLY get it. It cracks me up. It's like when you hear stories of Olympic Village after people are done with their events.

iplaydrums likes this.
  19. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Subbin'

20. Meerkat

Still mad Mattel isn't mass producing those Abby Wambach Barbies. I wanted her to be friends with my Kate McKinnon Ghostbusters action figure

21. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Thoughts on the new kits? I kind of like them.

[​IMG]

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. Garrett

Not a fan, but I know they'll grow on me.

23. Meerkat

I miss the Waldo kits so much

Garrett L. likes this.
  24. Meerkat

I really just want Orlando Pride (and the women's league in general) to start selling kits so I can get an Ashlyn Harris kit. Gotta represent my number on style icon

25. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I'd definitely get Alex Morgan's. I really want to try to make one of their games since I don't live that far away.