Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Women's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 26

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Good lord Sydney Schneider is having a game. She’s definitely keeping Jamaica in this one.

2. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

England v Scotland already looks like it’ll live up to the hype. Such a wide open match early on.

3. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Scotland needed to score early to give them a shot here...they got dominated for the middle 1/2 of this game.

4. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Argentina is putting in work against Japan. Still scoreless at 75'. I really hope they can hold on for a point or even steal the game with a goal here at the end.

5. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Argentina! They should absolutely be proud of that point, they really shut Japan down today.

Banini and Benitez were so impressive, Banini in particular just wouldn't quit at the end.

6. DerekIsAGooner

Group D is really wide open after this result. It's easily England's group to lose, but all of the other three teams have a great shot at finishing 2nd in the group.

7. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Heartbroken for New Zealand, they played a great game against the Netherlands. They really should have tried to be more aggressive offensively at the end but they parked it and NED hammered them until they finally got a goal in stoppage.

So many of the favorites are struggling in these opening games. It’ll be interesting to see if this continues as the group stage goes on or if they all start to get their footing.

8. DerekIsAGooner

Thunderbolts of lightning, very very frightening (ly causing a delay in the Chile v Sweden game, which better not extend into the USA's kickoff time).

9. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

They’re playing in a different city and the USA game will be on the main Fox channel so it shouldn’t interfere.

10. DerekIsAGooner

I'm at work streaming the game, that's why I'm worried.

Although I imagine Fox Sports GO will have a separate stream since it's on a different channel, so yeah it should probably all be okay.

11. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Yeah I’m sure there would be a separate stream for it.

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Feeling the score for this game might be quite large

13. preppyak Jun 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 11, 2019)
    preppyak

Elite Supporter

Well, that was too easy...even if it got called back

edit: That one was even easier.

14. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

*whispers* If Alex just shielded the ball from the defender instead of tapping it, it would have gone in and not been called back

Anyway, the actual first goal was great

15. might score 8 goals today

16. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

That was absolutely a PK wtf lol

17. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Hahaha...thats definitely a penalty...but they'll score again in 2 minutes anyway

18. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Baby Horse, Rose, and the Great Horan getting going early. Yes. So much yes.

19. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Now they're just trying new set pieces

edit: And that's the 2nd missed PK

20. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

ROSE IS TOO FUCKING GOOD

preppyak likes this.
  21. DerekIsAGooner

Currently playing this on my SmartBoard at work while the students complete a project. It's really cool seeing the kids get excited about it.

22. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I really I don’t understand why Ellis wouldn’t just make all 3 subs at the half. Take some players out to save them for later games.

23. preppyak

Elite Supporter

This is getting outright hilarious. 4 goals in like 5 minutes

24. Garrett

This is gonna be a tournament where goal differential matters. So I like the idea in theory. And still feel bad for Thailand.

25. Garrett

lmao bringing on Carli and Christen up 7-0