Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Women's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 25

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Ertz was too aggressive on the play that lead to the first goal, she left a giant hole in midfield after that, so I don't mind no substitutions at the half. The second goal was not great though.

2. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

TOBIN

This game is so good

3. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I would have liked some better defense but I'll take a 5-3 game for the entertainment value lol. It was a good win for us, especially since we haven't been great offensively against some of the top teams lately.

4. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

The US World Cup squad is getting announced tomorrow. There were some leaks today and Ali Krieger is going to be on it after not playing for almost 2 years before finally playing again last month. It's a good decision though, Ellis had been testing out quite a few young players but Kriegs' experience is really going to help, especially if O'Hara's ankle is still bothering her.

Osceola13 and oakhurst like this.
  5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’m so ready for the World Cup. I liked the time of the games as well. Living on the east coast, a lot of the games will be played around noon here.

6. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Here it is!

7. morgantayler Jun 5, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 5, 2019)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

orangehorizon and Swoos like this.
  8. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Anyone planning on making the trip to France this summer? My wife and I will be at both semis and the final in Lyon.

It looks like there's currently a bit of a shit show at the Parc de Princes tonight ahead of kickoff. Stewards not being able to keep up with the amount of fans combined with the ticket fiasco of people not getting seats together. I really hope things improve soon.

Anyway, let's get this World Cup started!

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’ll just be watching from my house in NC

10. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

BIG WENDIE

France is off to a great start. They've given us so much trouble recently so I'm not looking forward to facing them.

11. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I'll be watching from home but that's awesome you're going to be there! Australia wants to host in 2023 and if they get it, I'm definitely try to get over there for it.

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  12. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Enjoyed the opening game. Gonna be fun to see the home country make a deep run

13. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

incredible goal for south africa there

14. Garrett

how much did tickets cost you, if i can ask?

15. DerekIsAGooner

Tickets to both semis and the final were sold as a package. I think each ticket package came out to just under €200.

Garrett L. likes this.
  16. DerekIsAGooner

It was not fun at all watching China play today. They seemed more interested in kicking the German players than actually scoring a goal. This Spain v South Africa match is already miles better than today’s early match.

17. orangehorizon

Trusted

Var ruining this game completely

18. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Is it just me or has promotion for this thing been poor/lesser. Have I not been paying attention?

19. Garrett

hey did y’all know the reigning world player of the year isn’t representing her team this summer

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  20. DerekIsAGooner

I’ve only heard it EVERY SINGLE TIME NORWAY IS MENTIONED.

orangehorizon likes this.
  21. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Can’t believe I’m up this early but I’m doing it for Australia lol

Their defense has been questionable lately but they’ve got a real chance if they’re in form during the tournament. They’re definitely my second choice to win if the US doesn’t.

22. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Andddd just like that Australia gives up a goal on a bad defensive error to let Italy equalize.

23. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

WELP Australia gave up a goal in stoppage to lose 2-1

24. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

always curious to see how Brazil looks

25. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

nice header there and also some god awful marking