Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Women's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 24

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

What a fucking hit by Rose Lavelle on this half volley goal

2. That stomp off reaction after it goes in rules too

morgantayler likes this.
  3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

JULIE ERTZ

4. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

T O B I N

Garrett L. likes this.
  5. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

As an Orlando Pride fan I'd appreciate if they stopped beating on Alex Morgan.

(please know this is in jest, but seriously my heart drops every time she gets knocked down)

morgantayler likes this.
  6. Garrett

Baby Horse doesn’t age well as a nickname does it

7. Garrett

:crylaugh: :crylaugh:

mercury, morgantayler and Osceola13 like this.
  8. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Sonnett is the best lol

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Man United playing their first game back against Liverpool. Kick off in 5 minutes. Can't wait.

10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

United on top in the opening 13 minutes. Siggsworth had a golden chance from a corner there. Our final ball isn't sticking at the moment.

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Good opening half. We've had a couple of chances to take the lead but the Liverpool keeper Preuss is having a stormer. Stopped a lovely free kick from Greenwood and a one on one with Siggsworth.

Chamberlain hasn't really been tested in our goal but there was a ten minute spell where Liverpool were on top and looking dangerous. We were struggling to deal with their delivery into the box.

It's a good tight game and it looks like we're a well set up side. Lauren James, a 16 year old in midfield is so impressive. Running the show in the centre.

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Man United 1-0 up. Arnot scores after great work on the left from Greenwood and and Leah Galton

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

One game, one win. Great result from the girls against a team in a higher league. Some very very nice young players out there for United.

14. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I'm so glad Tobin's back to the form she was in before her back injury. She had 3 assists and a goal in the two games against Chile this past week. CONCACAF's about to get wrecked next month in WC qualifying.

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Soo... United played their first league game today. They beat Aston Villa 12-0

16. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Tonight’s NWSL semifinal between Portland Thorns and Seattle Reign was so good. Tobin Heath and Lindsey Horan both played out of their minds.

PSA: The second semifinal between North Carolina Courage and Chicago Red Stars is on Tuesday night at 9:00pm EST on ESPNews and you can watch on WatchESPN even if you only have regular ESPN with your cable provider. The championship will be on Saturday the 22nd on Lifetime at 4:30pm EST!!

17. morgantayler Sep 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 19, 2018)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

The USWNT released their roster for CONCACAF qualifying next month. This will likely be almost exactly the roster for the World Cup next summer barring any major developments or injuries between now and then. The only change I foresee now is Tierna Davidson instead of Hailie Mace. Davidson has been starting at CB this year but she just fractured her ankle so she'll be out for a few months.

Goalkeepers: Ashlyn Harris, Alyssa Naeher

Defenders: Abby Dalhkemper, Crystal Dunn, Hailie Mace, Kelley O'Hara, Becky Sauerbrunn, Casey Short, Emily Sonnett

Midfielders: Morgan Brian, Julie Ertz, Lindsey Horan, Rose Lavelle, Samantha Mewis

Forwards: Tobin Heath, Carli Lloyd, Alex Morgan, Christen Press, Mallory Pugh, Megan Rapinoe

Edit: I didn't realize the WC roster size is a little bigger than the CONCACAF so there would be a few more players thrown in but this will definitely be the core group.

18. Garrett

Lady Nats are still v good

19. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Ellis made 9 changes to the starting XI today. I'm honestly kind of surprised but love to see it.

20. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Canada has no mercy lol. They're currently beating Cuba 12-0 with 10 minutes left. Adriana Leon and Jordyn Huitema have four goals a piece. They also had the gall to sub Christine Sinclair in at halftime when they were already up 5-0 lmao

21. Garrett

We’re going to France!

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  22. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Based off these last few games, the US has little chance to repeat at the world cup if we're not fully fit this summer.

23. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Tonight’s game for the US against Australia is going to be a big one leading up to the WC as they’re basically at full health, minus Kelley O’Hara.

Osceola13 likes this.
  24. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

ALEX MORGAN WITH HER 100TH GOAL

oakhurst, Osceola13 and gonz (Alex) like this.
  25. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

No defensive substitutions? Hmmmm.