Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Women's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 23

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

First half of USAvFRA wasn't too good. US scored off a corner with a scramble in the box. Then allowed France to send a ball over the top and scored not to long after.

I think Dahlkemper is a good player in the NWSL but she has not proved to be good enough for international play and yet Jill has continually started her...

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Pugh’s gonna won the Ballon D’or some day.

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Brilliant news.

4. StevenW92

Regular

Sheffield United are in as well. My attitude towards women teams in Sheffield is the exact opposite of my attitude towards the men’s so it’s great news.

Will create some good local rivalry with both Sheffield FC and Doncaster Belles having teams in the same league.

awakeohsleeper and Nick like this.
  5. Garrett

I miss seeing Tobin in a US jersey

6. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

She’s finally healthy but they kept her out because they said she felt a little tight (I’m assuming they meant her ankle? Idk) but anyway I hope she’s good to go on Tuesday.

Also Mal Pugh’s going to be out for 2 months with a strained PCL so no Tournament of Nations for her.

Garrett L. likes this.
  7. Garrett

Tobin tekkers

8. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Loved seeing Ashlyn make the Top 10 on Sportscenter for that awesome save

9. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Morgan Brian is returning to the NWSL with the Chicago Red Stars after barely seeing the field in Lyon.

Christen Press is also likely returning to the league with the Utah Royals after spending the last couple months in Sweden with Göteburg. Her contract expires after the transfer window closes (which is tomorrow) but I believe the team is going to let her leave early.

10. StevenW92

Regular

Unfortunately Sheffield FC have had to withdraw due to lack of finance.

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I was having a look at Scottish women's football and I came across this from a team called Central Girls FA

[​IMG]

12. Garrett

That looks similar to the Sporting KC logo.

13. Garrett

QUEEN

Osceola13 and morgantayler like this.
  14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Manchester United are announcing their squad on Friday. Can't wait. Apparently a few ex Liverpool players who came through the United centre of excellence are joining.

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

morgantayler likes this.
  16. StevenW92

Regular

Can see Man Utd pissing the league with players of Chamberlain and Greenwood’s quality.

17. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I’m glad to see Leah Galton’s back. She had played in the NWSL for a bit and had gotten some looks with the England NT, but a back issue set her back and she’s had a rough couple of years, she even stopped playing for a little bit. I hope things go well for her with Man Utd .

18. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Can't believe the US called up Jaelene Hinkle after she refused to play over having to wear the Pride month jersey. Way to keep being trash, Ellis.

morgantayler likes this.
  19. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Yeah I don’t care how good of a player she is (which btw I don’t think she’s that great), I never want to see her in a US kit again. I was honestly surprised Ellis called her up. I’d really like to know what Rapinoe and Harris think about it; there are other gay players on the team but they’re the only ones who are actually open about it and outspoken. It’s probably not going to happen though because they’re not going to jeopardize their roster spots a year before the World Cup, and I don’t blame them to be honest.

The best thing that could come out of this is that Hinkle makes the final roster and then get embarrassed on the field.

Osceola13 likes this.
  20. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

21. morgantayler Jul 23, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 23, 2018)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Hinkle got cut from final roster thankfully.

Regardless of that, I'm surprised this was already announced because they've literally only had like 2 days of practice since the camp started. Part of me had wondered if Ellis called up Hinkle just on the basis of protecting themselves from her ever taking legal action against them on the grounds of religious discrimination. I have no idea if this is true but it definitely lends support to that theory, and other people have offered this up as a possible explanation as well.

Osceola13 likes this.
  22. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

I was just coming here to leave a laughing comment after reading the news. It's still ridiculous she was even invited, what a mess.

morgantayler likes this.
  23. Garrett

24. Garrett

Tobin tekkers

25. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

THE GREAT HORAN

Overall, I thought the US played well tonight but they had horrid defense on the counter that Australia was able to convert on.

I’m so looking forward to next summer. We’re going to be the favorite to win again but Australia is my other pick to win if we can’t get it done in 2019.