Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Women's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 22

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Tobin Heath tweeted about this today, I think. Or Grant Wahl tweeted an interview of hers. I couldn’t find it.

2. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

The NWSL championship is currently happening on Lifetime if anybody is interested.

3. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Honestly didn't realize that the Thorns were in the championship until I was flipping through the channels earlier! Caught most of the game and I'm super proud of them and also ashamed of my ignorance. Need to pay more attention next season!

4. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

5. StevenW92

Regular

This is quite distressing. Hiring an actress to portray her ‘unlioness behaviour’ is one of the most bizarre things I’ve ever read.

They are still refusing to say Sampson is a racist. Ridiculous.

ugman_2000 likes this.
  6. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Bad day in woso combined with the shit DBU is pulling with the Denmark national team. They’re about to cancel their upcoming World Cup qualifier against Sweden because the didn’t come up with a deal for the team like they promised and the team isn’t agreeing to sign a temporary deal.

The FA is so messy, that whole situation is terrible.

ugman_2000 likes this.
  7. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I really hope England opt for a female coach this time (if they don’t keep Mo on permanently)

8. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Even though I don’t want her to leave the NWSL, I’d love to see Laura Harvey get the job.

ugman_2000 likes this.
  9. Garrett

This stadium being so empty is kinda disheartening. But they should also probably not be playing in an NFL stadium.

10. Garrett

What a fantastic header!

11. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Pretty messy game tonight against Canada. We definitely didn’t deserve to win so 1-1 is fitting. I hope Jill makes some changes on Sunday and mixes it up a bit. I’m a fan of Abby Dahlkemper’s but she hasn’t played nearly well enough to cement starting spot at CB. This is the first time in months we’ve had more than two CBs on the roster so I hope Emily Sonnett at least gets a chance.

Alex continues to be on fire and scored another goal

12. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Final game of the year for the US tonight.

Jill calls in 4 GKs still only plays Naeher....it's like we didn't learn anything from only giving Solo minutes for years. Glad to see Alex and Christen getting the start together against a quality opponent. And I like Abby Dahlkemper but she has not been good enough to cement a starting spot so I don't know why Jill won't start Sonnett since this is the first time they've had more than two CBs on the roster in months.

13. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

JJ!

14. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

A L E X

That pass from Christen was straight fire.

15. morgantayler Nov 12, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 12, 2017)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I honestly hate Jill. She made Sonnett fly all the way from Austraila (she's playing in the W-League during the NWSL offseason) and isn't going to give her any minutes when Dahlkemper hasn't even been good.

16. morgantayler Nov 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 15, 2017)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

So tomorrow it will likely be announced that FC Kansas City is going to be relocating to SLC and will be owned by the Real Salt Lake ownership group, becoming the fourth MLS-backed team in the NWSL (with a fifth backed by an NASL group). The past two years have been pretty bad in terms of support from the team's previous owners so I really hope this is going to be a good situation for them.

17. Garrett

It's kinda shitty that the Sporting KC owners didn't want to buy the team and keep them in the city. Portland has clearly shown how well a joint MLS/NWSL partnership can work for both teams.

18. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Yeah, I don't get why they wouldn't try. They turned it down twice. SLC looks like it'll be a good place for the team, though. The press conference had great turnout so I hope the fanbase gets into the team.

Garrett L. likes this.
  19. Garrett

I wonder what the next generation of Lady Nats look like...

Oh. IN A HALF?! Carry on.

20. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I wouldn't take that to much into consideration, they were playing Finland lol. They tied England 3-3 the other day which is more representative of how they've been against the better countries.

Civana Kuhlmann is legit though, she had a great season as a freshman on a stacked Stanford team. They just won the national championship, and their game against UF was their only loss (Go Gators!)

21. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

They just announced next year's SheBelieves and I'm finally going to be able to go to a game since the last one will be in Orlando, I'm so stoked.

Garrett L. likes this.
  22. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

WOW Canada Soccer is a mess right now. John Herdman was announced as the coach of the Canadian men’s team tonight (he WAS the coach of the women’s team.) They didn’t tell either team this was happening and here’s the kicker, Herdman apparently forced this move when the FA offered him the coaching position of England’s women’s team.

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yesterday, Phil Neville was hired as England Women's manager. Today, Phil Neville will resign from being England Women's manager.

24. morgantayler Jan 25, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 25, 2018)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Welp, it will soon be official that the Boston Breakers will fold after not being able to find new ownership. It was a team that was in both of the previous two professional women's soccer leagues in the US. I honestly can't believe that the other owners (mainly the MLS backed teams) nor USSF (which currently has a $150 million surplus) couldn't help them stay afloat for this upcoming season until they found new owners to either keep them in Boston or relocate them to another city.

This is so heart breaking for the fans and the players and staff. I imagine the players will be available to be acquired by other teams through some sort of relocation process but still. It's such a fucking shame they allowed this to happen.

The worst part is that they went on business as usual with the college draft last week and drafted multiple players who now have no idea what's going to happen. Even if they couldn't have saved the team, they shouldn't have let it get this close to the new season before it finally happened.

25. morgantayler Mar 1, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 1, 2018)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Wasn’t a pretty game because of the weather but the US played really well today. They absolutely frustrated Germany with their high press.

Also, I can’t believe England dismantled France the way they did. Some of the lineup decisions on France’s part were bafflin though. I’m not a fan of Bouhaddi but there’s no way the GK they started is better than her.