Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Women's Soccer (Football) Thread Soccer • Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

HAO not making it was BAFFLING for me. But seeing Pugh come in and dominate at 17 at the same time is also really exciting.

Busquets is a defensive midfielder for Barcelona/Spain, btw. Absolute genius.

2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Pugh is amazing. Seeing Morgan Brian get some action has been good as well. Most of the youngins have done pretty well. They've been fun to watch. There was a video the USWNT posted on YouTube with Pugh talking about how she was in the recovery room with some of the older players and they asked about her schoolwork and she mentioned she was having trouble with calculus, so they said they'd try to help and she had the entire team attempting to help her with her homework and no one could figure it out. I really fucking love this team.

Garrett L. likes this.
  3. Garrett

Germans playing dirty tonight. Something tells me they're still a little salty about the semifinal.

I can't even imagine having to do homework while playing at the international level. I couldn't even keep up with homework during intramurals.

4. Meerkat

I just think it's amazing to be that good at something that young. And she's in such an amazing position. Being here now is only going to make her better because it really seems like everyone's taken her under their wing. I saw a post comparing the age differences between Abby and I think maybe Mia Hamm, Abby and Alex Morgan, and then Alex Morgan and Pugh. I really just love how much this team loves each other and really rallies behind each other. The way everyone reacted to JJ scoring that goal for the opposing team in the World Cup was tremendous

Garrett L. likes this.
  5. Garrett

I was really confused by that JJ sentence because I immediately went to Jermaine Jones' goal against Portugal. I love Julie. 2015 was a revelation for her. It's always awesome to see teammates that are actually friends. It makes them play so much better, I'm convinced of it (especially if you compare certain men's teams).

6. Garrett

Damn. Mittag with an insane goal from distance.

7. Meerkat

Ahhh sorry! I gotta start using actual names. Christen Press has also been fun to watch. There's not a single player on the USWNT that I don't enjoy watching

8. Meerkat

Siiiiiiiiiiigh

9. Garrett

We're playing with no cohesion since the first five minutes.

10. Meerkat

MOOOOOORRRRRRGGGGGGGAAAAAAAANNNNNNN

Garrett L. likes this.
  11. Garrett

Twitter just informed me Alex scored... took another three minutes for it to happen on the ESPN3 stream. Good to know I'm that far behind.

Nick likes this.
  12. Meerkat

Yikes. That's frustrating

13. Meerkat

Kling with the assist? Rad. I love Kling. She's got great hair.

Garrett L. likes this.
  14. Garrett

Can I have a shallow male moment and just say that Alex Morgan is FLAWLESS. Pretty sure I've been in love with her since she debuted.

That goal took so much skill. :fire emoji:

15. Meerkat

I'm in love with all of them. Did you see that new Kelley O'Hara ad for Under Armour? What a bad ass.

16. Garrett

YES. She's my mom's favorite. I had to work during the semifinal match-up at the World Cup so mom was live texting me and when she scored mom lost her mind. Slowly converting my family to footy, one member at a time.

17. Garrett

(that see a goal on twitter before the game thing is happening again)

MEWISSSSSSSSS (brutal for Germany)

18. Meerkat

MEWIS!!

I still can't get over O'Hara finishing out that game with blood all over her face. That pretty much singlehandedly solidified my love for soccer

Garrett L. likes this.
  19. Garrett

Just one of the many iconic moments they've produced. I fell out of recliner when Carli scored THAT GOAL.

iplaydrums likes this.
  20. Meerkat

I almost broke my laptop when that goal happened. We should just call it the GOAT GOAL

Garrett L. likes this.
  21. Garrett

My laptop was still set aside because I was still celebrating the goal just before it. What a game that was. :hearteyes:

iplaydrums likes this.
  22. Meerkat

Broon, Heath. They're coming for us tonight

23. Garrett

How half of Germany don't have yellows is beyond me.

24. Garrett

Tobin is too good.

25. Meerkat

Not knowing much about soccer, I love hearing her referred to as a creative player and then slowly starting to catch on and see it for myself. She definitely seems to be playing in a style all her own

Garrett L. likes this.