Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Woman Accuses Jesse Lacey of Soliciting Nude Photos From Her at 15 • Page 6

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

These arsehole commenting on the facebook post are leftover from AP right? I hope they're not still here.

2. schackbr

Regular

so did eddie reyes of tbs

3. http://ndaa.org/pdf/the_voice_vol_3_no_1_2009.pdf

4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Why is everyone a fucking creep? Just stop!

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Fuck man

6. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Delete the fb page, why hold on to a piece of garbage you don't use or care about

lish and storm like this.
  7. A few names I specifically recognize as people I banned here.

8. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I'm assuming the smiley face is his way of saying "glad this is finally out".

9. Lots of people use it to see when I post something. It's, I think the third? (direct, twitter, fb) way people find out I've updated the site. If I could turn off comments so it was a feed like Twitter that would be nice.

lish likes this.
  10. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

There's now an "Anthony Raneri likes this" on the fb post.

Terrible to hear this, not sure what could be done to make this better for the victim but I'd at least like Jesse to acknowledge what's being said.

fenway89 likes this.
  11. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Unfortunately Facebook is still the most used social media by people in the 20/30s.

12. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Sounds like this may have been a well known thing amongst bands that have toured with BN? Now I'm thinking that Dereck Lippman story I heard in 2013 is true as well.

13. schackbr

Regular

i'm a social media manager. i know you can filter certain words from comments on facebook. aka, if someone says something like "fuck" it won't show up in the comments. but you have to put in exact strings of text.

14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i mean, that's what always happens. every time allegations come out there's always a group saying "oh yeah i heard this i'm not surprised."

beachdude42 and fenway89 like this.
  15. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

This isn't meant in a rude way at all, but since you mentioned you're wanting to educate yourself I thought I'd say this. That yes statistics are a necessity and also important to have in society regarding this topic (not just rape, but sexual misconduct in general) especially when dealing with the courts, but more importantly I believe the reasons for victims coming forward/not coming forward/fabricating are more important. Once you have educated yourself on the many reasons, then you can apply those to specific scenarios like this one, instead of looking at a much broader picture of statistics. Hopefully that makes sense.

lish likes this.
  16. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Today I learned you can use a blow dryer to remove stickers.

Y'know...in case you don't listen to certain bands anymore.

17. does that, uh, work for tattoos? :-|

CMilliken, Toner, zigbigwig and 19 others like this.
  18. raaaaaaaady

Regular Supporter

So, yeah, if anyone's first reaction to this news is along the lines of "Oh shit! Can I still listen to Brand New?" then, well, you've lived a life of privilege.

19. raaaaaaaady

Regular Supporter

And I say that as a guy who used to react that way only about a few years ago. We have to learn from this stuff.

beachdude42, Aaron Mook, lish and 2 others like this.
  20. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Hope this brings that woman some peace and she can begin to heal. Reading her description about having panic attacks in bars when BN comes on was really heart breaking - can't imagine.

21. panthersoup

I am more or less alive

It feels like this year is just teaching me that everything that's ever meant something to me has a piece of shit disgusting man behind it and I'm so fucking angry. I let Jesse's music be a big part of my life for years, it's seriously gotten me through rough shit, and turns out he's a sleazebag that could have taken advantage of me when I looked up to him in high school? Which of my favorite artists is next, John Darnielle? I'm this close to being completely done with consuming and enjoying anything made by men.

22. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Good to know. I was just gonna put a sticker over the sticker.

23. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

I agree with your sentiment but why mention John? I get you are saying he is your hero but seems unnecessary to drag him into this.

On topic this news is awful. Thoughts are with the victims and not the predator.

24. panthersoup

I am more or less alive

Not accusing him of anything. Just saying that would be the absolute worst blow for me. TMG is my favorite band, Brand New is (was?) a close second.

Honeymagnolia likes this.
  25. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

You did have me slightly worried that I missed some news about John.

Love the Mountain Goats.