Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Woman Accuses Jesse Lacey of Soliciting Nude Photos From Her at 15 • Page 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 10, 2017.

1. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Me too haha. Some real gross people up in there right now.

2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The comments on the facebook post really make me want to quit social media.

beachdude42, Ken and AelNire like this.
  3. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Thank you, I'm already looking into it.

beachdude42 and incognitojones like this.
  4. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Also, anyone else notice Will Pugh of Cartel chimed on on the thread?

RJ Knorr, beachdude42 and bachna84 like this.
  5. jorbjorb

7 rings

band sounds like ass anyways. glad i never got into them. what a pos.

6. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I think the band needs to make a statement. Based on his lyrics, Jesse is clearly a conflicted individual and he needs to own up to his actions. It's the only way he can hope to redeem himself at this point.

Humans have flaws and it's horrible when those flaws cause other people anguish. He needs to face it.

jackludwick and youwontknow like this.
  7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I thought that and then I saw a comment in the Science Fiction thread and now I'm chain smoking to relax

beachdude42, dadbolt, lish and 4 others like this.
  8. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Where?

9. God I hate Facebook.

Is there a way to turn off comments on a post? I don't use that page at all and barely check it. It just imports articles.

incognitojones likes this.
  10. Mike

Really promoting understanding and keeping the lines of communication open. /s

They might have flawed logic, they might have a different opinion and, incredibly rarely, they might be “scum” (whatever that means). But what is the purpose of a comment like this? It incites hostility and breaks down any sort of intelligent conversation. Truly, I think it’s a more of a reflection on who you are as a person. Educate, not alienate.

On topic, this is very unfortunate news. I do hope she finds a way to heal from this experience. I’m curious if (and how) Jesse will address this.

11. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

for a stupid story that has nothing to do with abuse

12. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  13. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Definitely seems like it. Perhaps in part what the song is about. Would make a lot of sense.. “learning things too late,” settling down, etc.

14. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I've never seen a post without comments before on facebook so I doubt it. Comments are one Of The reasons why facebook is still popular unfortunately.

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. Jusscali

Make a record will !

16. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

17. somethingwitty

Trusted

Is anyone really surprised? The dude wrote some of the most explicitly misogynistic lyrics in his genre. Wonder how many more victims are going to come forward, predators like him usually have numerous people they've exploited.

18. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

This really sucks. A normal 15 year old girl who has a hero, has that hero turn around and take advantage of them via their power. Fifteen years old. Just put yourself into that position for a moment in your mind.

Me vs. Maradona vs. Elvis has always been my favorite Brand New song. Primarily because of the lyrics dealing with a man taking advantage of a vulnerable woman. It hit so close to home to me because not only did I have people that this happened to in my life constantly, but even if you just went to any bar or pub you could witness it first hand. The song meant a lot to me. And while the lyrics aren't exactly word for word what Jesse is being accused of doing here, the story is the same - some dude taking advantage of a woman (or in this specific case, a 15 year old girl). A guy knowing the power and impact he has over a person, and exploiting that. It just makes me so sick. I loved that song so god damn much because it was so true. Now it's just becoming even more true than I wanted to realize.

I hope somewhere along the road of maturity that we all saw Brand New take, that at one point he looked back at that moment and decided to offer apologies to this woman, even though words obviously can't do much in situations like these. But from the woman's statement, that doesn't seem like the case. And that's fucked up for her. She's lived with this for that long. Much respect for her coming forward. And whether they're my heroes or not, I hope more come forward and expose gross people for being gross.

19. Saephon

Regular

I'm only surprised because we had an enormous wave of abusive band members in this scene being outed starting a couple years ago. I figured if anything was going to come out about a band like Brand New, it'd have been at that time. Of course, reality doesn't work like that.

edit: That being said, apparently people have come forward before. So I have to wonder why I've never heard of it until today, considering how obsessively I hang around the BN areas of the internet.

stayillogical likes this.
  20. lightning

glad i left fb a year ago
    you can't turn off comments on pages, only on personal profiles and groups

beachdude42, Joe4th and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i saw your post on reddit, it is the same woman who posted on the TFB post as the one who posted today.

22. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

its stories like these that make me reflect on if I've ever said or done anything that could have made someone feel uncomfortable. I think our society has grown tremendously more aware of these things over the past decade or so that's for sure. At no point have i ever belittled someone, as I've always gone out of the way in making sure people dont feel bad (even in this forum where bullying used to be common place), but who knows...maybe i may have misread a situation or misjudged a reaction. It really makes me think.

23. Jusscali

Oh I think there's a bit of guilt or blood on all of our hands at some point along the way

coleslawed likes this.
  24. backbynewyears

Could anybody provide a credible source to the statistics for false rape allegations? I know false allegations are incredibly rare, but it would be good to know actually how often they do occur.

For the record, I agree with the general consensus that victims should be believed and respected first and foremost - I’m just wanting to educate myself.