Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Woman Accuses Jesse Lacey of Soliciting Nude Photos From Her at 15 • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

This is not surprising

Ken likes this.
  2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

KidLightning likes this.
  3. we're not in court, she's not even seeking anything from Jesse, she's just sharing her experience. there's no "process."

4. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I wouldn't mind a few people in this thread getting banned

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

literally any white dude that has power boundaries getting caught should not be surprising

to get this out of the way now
    "but why are you making it about race???"

because white dudes are the ones most likely to have stronger power boundaries and plus due to their status as being the most privileged they're more likely to not look at others' feelings instead

6. Hunter Norman

Regular

What's this in reference to? This news story is the first I've heard of all of this so I'm just curious if there was another instance of something involving him. This is all so shitty

7. Chloe

Love Brand New albums. Am disgusted by this. Considering how rabid and stupid this fan base can be, this woman has nothing to gain.

Sexual predators are everywhere.

8. chris

Trusted Supporter

it's referencing a comment on the original FB post

9. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Yeah there's the process of hearing his side. And in these types of instances, silence is as good as admitting guilt. But before people demand for them to end their career, why not wait 24 hours? That's literally all i'm saying

Mike likes this.
  10. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I'm cringing waiting for the "But what about hip hop?" drop and hovering my mouse over the "Unfollow Thread" button

beachdude42, Aaron Mook, Ken and 3 others like this.
  11. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I bet 80 percent of frontmen engage in this behavior as well.

12. Saephon

Regular

Does anyone have an understanding of why Brian Keith Diaz made that post asking for people's stories in the first place? It sounds like he'd heard or seen something substantial enough to think there might be something buried.

13. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

He said in the comments of the post that he's heard multiple firsthand accounts

14. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

really hope the band or those surrounding them acknowledge this sooner than later, but now I'm feeling less upset that they're calling it quits

beachdude42, jackludwick and fenway89 like this.
  15. cwhit

i wouldn't be surprised, they have the means to do so and they think it won't affect them so they do it.
    at this point it's more about (jesus i feel like i've said this exact line 100 times today) accountability and showing you've changed behaviors after horrible mistake, response is incredibly important, not that it should excuse or forgive anyone for these actions but it's the first step to rehabilitation at least

beachdude42, Mary V, Saephon and 2 others like this.
  16. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

One of the comments on the FB post from Brian Diaz. Again, it's all speculation, but seems oddly specific to just be made up.

17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

CMilliken, beachdude42, Ken and 2 others like this.
  18. cwhit

he's toured with brand new and was a tech for FOB, he's an industry figure that is very much involved with the band

19. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Poor Brian Diaz. No one ever says "Edna's Goldfish" when talking about him, ha.

beachdude42, Jonathan and domotime2 like this.
  20. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Time for a new tag dude, it's not that big a deal. Rishi is doing fine and you'll actually have a reason for a name change.

beachdude42, storm and Iago like this.
  21. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

The shitty comments made in here are an indictment of your personality, people. If you say "well can we wait for some evidence? people lie bleh bleh", then you are coming at it from the aspect of hoping Jesse Lacey is innocent, not from the side of hoping that women weren't sexually harassed, and you have some shit to work on. In the meantime, shut your mouths and think first.

beachdude42, dadbolt, Mary V and 13 others like this.
  22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I feel like what Jesse is talking about in the beginning of this video may be making reference to this. Obviously still not being accountable since it's all very vague, though

duritzfan13 likes this.
  23. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

David Parke likes this.
  24. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

This is exactly what I’ve been thinking but you said it better than my brain could.