Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Woman Accuses Jesse Lacey of Soliciting Nude Photos From Her at 15 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 10, 2017.

1. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

its not a good idea to use people who have admitted to doing the acts they were accused of as your example for "proof is needed" argument.

2. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

She's not taking Jesse to court folks.

Also... perhaps posting a picture of someone's penis isn't the greatest legal thing to do.

3. momo32t

Trusted

This immediately brings me back to when Jesse had photos on Is Anyone Up.

4. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

This isn’t a court of law. This is a community and people within it have a common story, so I believe them.

5. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I take it you live in a world where you worship your hero blindly and anyone who claims to been victimized by him is to be immediately doubted.

6. Slippery slope is slippery in terms of people we look up to. I had no idea as I am a relatively passive BN fan so this came as a shock and a kind of "whoa. it literally could be anyone." I swear to God if Mark Hoppus is next...

lish likes this.
  7. soundclash

Regular

Does anyone remember back around 2010-2012ish when a woman (I think she was a photographer and that’s how she knew him?) actually did post screenshots of him acting inappropriately toward her on Skype? I don’t know if she posted them on Tumblr but they wound up there.

Unfortunately it kind of turned into a joke because he was saying stuff like “show me your ass again” and all other cringey stuff.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It's amazing how much AP loved that site back in the day, I'm glad Hunter Moore is where he is now at least

9. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I completely forgot about that shithole.

10. youwontknow

If I smile with my teeth, bet you'd believe me

I'm less in the know than you I guess. So Jesse has admitted to this?

11. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I looked up to Jesse too ok. Guys lyrics saved my life. But false accusations aren't the norm. This girl isn't taking him to court, she isn't asking for anything . She is just sharing what happened to her. So what does she gain from talking about this? Nothing. I find that a pretty compelling case for me to believe her vs him. Just because he is your hero doesn't mean he isn't capable of committing something terrible.

12. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

just stop, you look fucking awful

13. momo32t

Trusted

Digging up an old Absolutepunk trend is the best. It's amazing to me he only got 30 months in jail.

Ken likes this.
  14. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

netflix cancelled => kevin spacey
    movie premier cancelled => louis ck

coleslawed and lish like this.
  15. Connor

I'm fairly positive that turned out to not be him

16. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

:(

DejaMoi and fenway89 like this.
  17. soundclash

Regular

Ah, okay. I never heard anything more about it. Just hearing about him acting inappropriately on skype jogged my memory on that particular story. Thank you for informing me.

18. Connor

No Problem. I only found out recently that it wasn't actually him. I'm sure a lot of people that never got that cleared up will be thinking about it though in light of this information.

19. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Drag them out, hold them accountable

20. Saephon

Regular

What, you guys thought Brand New has dozens of songs about darkness and self-loathing for no reason? Without an actual shameful past behind the lyrics? That shit doesn't come from nowhere.

Time to wake the fuck up and realize that none of your heroes are heroes. Read the lyrics to Me vs Maradona vs Elvis, then come back and tell me you didn't think Jesse could have never done something shitty to a woman in his life

coleslawed, jackludwick, lish and 3 others like this.
  21. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

This isn't a fucking court of law.

Victims should always be believed when they come forward with accusations because they're rarely, if ever, lying about those allegations.

The real question is why you choose not to believe the allegations?

22. I have multiple friends in common with the woman making the accusation on Facebook.

I believe her.

23. esposimi

Regular Prestigious

Oh boy, this is going to be interesting...

24. youwontknow

If I smile with my teeth, bet you'd believe me

Definitely. Thanks for that!
    a lil joke in this dark story.

25. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Brand New 2000-2017