Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wolfwalkers (Tomm Moore & Ross Stewart, November 13, 2020) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Serh Dec 1, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 2, 2020)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

On Apple TV+ 12/11

In a time of superstition and magic, a young apprentice hunter, Robyn Goodfellowe, journeys to Ireland with her father to wipe out the last wolf pack. While exploring the forbidden lands outside the city walls, Robyn befriends a free-spirited girl, Mebh MacTíre, a member of a mysterious tribe rumoured to transform into wolves by night. As they search for Mebh's missing mother, Robyn uncovers a secret that draws her further into the enchanted world of the Wolfwalkers and risks turning her into the very thing her father is tasked to destroy.

[​IMG]

2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Super intrigued by the trailer I’ve seen

3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This is supposed to be incredible, but I’m not getting Apple+ for it

4. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

You should. It’s excellent and totally worth the free trial or $5 you would pay for a month of the service. It’s so fucking good.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah this is honestly incredible. the last like 25 minutes are particularly spectacular. can't believe i'm possibly rooting for apple tv+ to win the best animated feature oscar

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

salute to @Zilla for bringing this movie up in the streaming services thread weeks ago and bringing it to my (and hopefully others') attention. animated movie of the year, give or take how soul turns out

Zilla likes this.
  7. Can’t wait to watch this during work tomorrow

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Thanks man! Glad to turn others on to it. Hope more people watch it.

9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

definitely got this in the queue for this week

10. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Wow this was absolutely incredible. I cried so much throughout the whole thing. I needed that tonight

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Zilla likes this.
  12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

My god this was phenomenal. The art direction, the themes, the integration of folklore and the Irish/English relationship, there’s so, so much care and attention. And my goodness, paced pretty perfectly. Emotionally devastating and engrossing all at the same time. Need to see all of the films this studio put out ASAP

riotspray, PatRFinley, Zilla and 2 others like this.
  13. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I’m not quite as high in this a most people seem to be but it’s still pretty stunning. The animation is gorgeous

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Zilla and bradsonemanband like this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Zilla likes this.
  16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

next film, going to netflix

Zilla and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Zilla likes this.
  19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

saw this again yesterday, and despite how much praise i heaped on it i feel like i lowballed things if nothing else. wish apple would do something like spring to have this play rep screenings in theaters every year or something