Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wolf Alice Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Mar 31, 2016.

1. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I'd change that to Turn To Dust to Moaning Lisa Smile as the strongest stretch on the album, but the front half is great.

2. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Whole album is still great. Only track I don't love is Soapy Water, but I don't hate it or anything. I think they're gonna explode with their next album. Hope they get even more weird/experimental.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  3. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Legit not a song on the album I dislike. They get stronger and stronger. I really hope they're part of the December 1975 shows in the UK as a Dirty hit love-in. Maybe play a new song as part of it.

4. Tomozaurus

Regular

Probably my favorite album of last year as well. Favorite tracks Silk, Giant Peach, Lisbon and The Wonderwhy. Suprised a few of those haven't been mentioned yet.

5. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Glad i got to see them twice in this album tour stretch. Excited to see what the future holds and see how their sound will continue to shape even with their sense of musical genre variety. As someone who enjoys a large variety of music, i like listening to their music cause it hits all the notes of things i like to consume to but then makes it cohesive. I mean things can go to ethereal to as snarl in one song.

i have so many favorites from them but one of my recent faves have been 90 mile beach. its like one giant crescendo, which i think they do very well on numerous tracks like Blush for instance. Swallowtail also does this nicely sonically but i think people skim over it because its an outlier without Ellie's singing. The Wonderwhy a late favorite for me but goddamn so good.

Wall Of Arms and Supernova like this.
  6. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I remember first hearing Giant Peach and liked it because Alana Haim tweeted about it. Once I listened to the album I liked it but didn't love it. Thought it was too all over the place and didn't go back. When I did go back however it clicked and became my favorite album of last year. Still my favorite album until from then until today so far. Swallowtail I was initially turned off by it but grew to love it. Since then I've dug up all the b-sides they have every released and put them on my phone to listen to regularly. I still need to catch them live.

7. Wall Of Arms

I remember when I first got the album, these sentiments are basically what I expressed about it and why I loved it so much on first listens. They remain the exact same reasons I still love it. They can go from grunge to gothic to rock to electronic pop in terms of influence on the structures and sounds and yet none of it sounds incoherent in any way. They master the mixing pot really well. It's unpredictable without being confused and that's something I really love in a song/record.

I love "Swallowtail" too, when it explodes, it explodes.

thesoftskeleton likes this.
  8. Wall Of Arms

Also, watched their Lolla set yesterday - fucking killed it. Even with Ellie forgetting all lyrics to "Moaning Lisa Smile" and just jumping in the crowd with a purposefully beer-soaked head.

9. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Swallowtail was on a set list when I saw them the first time and I was taken back how much it goes off. Really made me admire the song in a different way experiencing it live. We are always on the same wavelength about things it seems haha

Wall Of Arms likes this.
  10. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

[​IMG]
    where's the lie though

11. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Soapy Water is my favorite hahaha

12. Wall Of Arms

Featured in the new Trainspotting trailer:

thesoftskeleton likes this.
  13. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Watching the trailer made me spin the album again this morning. Love it so much.

RoKKeR likes this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

www.wolfalice.co.uk

looks like somethings coming. crossing everything possible for a new album announcement.

edit: this link came directly from a tweet they posted captioned "SOON. SIGN UP."

whitenblue88 and Supernova like this.
  15. Wall Of Arms

Yep. Exciteeddddd.

16. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Signed up for whatever it is!

17. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

HYPE

SteveLikesMusic and snick like this.
  18. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Best news, very excited. Hope they get weird with this one.

19. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

my body is ready.

20. Wall Of Arms

My Love Is Cool is still one of the best debuts of the past decade for me.

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yes 1,000%

22. RoKKeR

The Fly

FINALLY. Wolf Alice and Nothing But Thieves making their return... two of my favorite albums from 2015, and both were debuts!

23. shea

RIP Supporter

Got some kind of post card from them in the mail today. Was really confused until I remembered I signed up for their mailing list the other day when they were teasing or whatever.

24. Wall Of Arms

Me too!

25. teel

Regular

photo please