Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

With Confidence Kick Guitarist Accused of Sexual Misconduct Out of Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 13, 2017.

1. atlas

Trusted

well they're toast

2. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Aaand I stand corrected.

Fuck these assholes.

laraheart and Aaron Mook like this.
  3. laraheart

4. laraheart

So true. Hopeless re-posted their statement about the guitarist and everything. Maybe this will make labels think twice about continuing to support these bands.

Also - I am in admiration of the courage of the victims who have been speaking out. The amount of victim-blaming on the threads is appalling.

5. laraheart

6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I don’t know how I feel about that statement.

7. David-

Trusted

He said he didn't know her age but also, in one of the snaps, asked her if she was sneaking into an 18+ venue... Which, yeah, could've been because she didn't have a ticket. But given the allegations, I'm not super inclined to believe him...

8. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

True. I never really know how to feel when the accused claim the allegations are false.

9. zachmacD

Trusted

got 'em

10. Mikeydude91

I want to preface with in no way am I reducing the severity of these accusations or taking the blame away from the accused. But does anyone else remember the toilet humor from The Mark Tom and Travis show? I’m sure these kids looked up to that band and that album and I could see that influencing their behavior. I remember there’s parts in that live albums banter where Tom says, “you have ginormous boobs and I doubt you’re 18. Do you have a note from your mom?” I’ve heard WC shows try’s hard to emulate that humor. Would love to hear what others think.

11. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

This is an interesting thing. In no way does it justify any of what Jayden did, but I do think it’s interesting to think about the music that influenced them as people. I’m sure most people on this site can say that many bands made them the people they are today. But I also think that’s why people now are calling out gross lyrics and sexist lyrics, even by bands they like. This probably wasn’t a productive comment but I have a lot of jumbled thoughts on all of this haha.

12. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

The comments on his tweet are annoying.