Winter Sports (Skiing/Snowboarding)

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by sean_rugy, Nov 27, 2018.

1. sean_rugy

select all delete Supporter

Let's see how this goes, a place to talk about all things winter sports related.

I've been skiing since I could walk and it's easily my favorite thing to do in the world. I don't go nearly as much as I used to but I have a couple big trips planned for this season. Recently picked up last year's Line Chronic model and some new Tyrolia Attack 13 bindings to go with them.

Vail/Breckenridge in March is going to be beautiful.

Some favorite videos:

What does everyone else ski or ride? Share your setup.

2. Ferrari333SP

Trusted Supporter

sean_rugy likes this.
  3. drummerAVA

Regular

I just got back from snowboarding at Mt. Hood this last weekend... 3 days at Timberline and a night at Ski Bowl. Not the greatest weather, above freezing, freezing rain and wind...

The last day was a bit better... Got some good riding in, hit some jumps... still have a ways to go with jumping and getting comfortable in the air, but I stayed on my feet each time lol. Timberline is great if you just enjoy riding... long sweeping runs, and the Phlox cabin has some of the best tacos I've ever had. So freaking good...

Gonna try to get out locally here in MI one of these days. Trying to get some friends into it.

sean_rugy likes this.
  4. sean_rugy

reviving this thread!

heading to NH this weekend to get a day in at Cannon. it's such a good mid-level mountain with a little bit of everything going for it. groomers, glades, a lappable park. haven't gotten out nearly as much as I'd like to this year but hopefully will have a couple more days. I mean, I hit Killington on their 200th day of operation last year for $20 and grass hopped haha.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

So I grew up in Montana and I was the only kid they kept on the bunny hill the entire day at my first ski lesson

6. Ferrari333SP

Trusted Supporter

Going to Oslo in a few weeks and I'm going to check out their new indoor ski facility, a la what Dubai has

SNØ - Forsiden

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sean_rugy likes this.
  7. sean_rugy

damn, jealous! that's gonna be amazing.

waiting for it to be spring/summer but I'm very interested in checking out the US's first indoor slope out by the Meadowlands in Jersey. they run their session's for two hours, 6 session pass for $100 - honestly not terrible if I can get some laps in mid-August haha. if they can lean into the parkside of skiing/riding I would be super happy. love me some rails.

Big Snow American Dream – North America’s first real-snow, year-round, indoor ski and snowboard center.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  8. Ferrari333SP

Trusted Supporter

Niceee, looks like the same type of place; for year round training/shredding, these are pretty awesome places. Luckily for Norway, their electricity system is like 98% renewable, so energy costs are pretty much a non-factor, even in the height of summer