Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Winter Holiday Movies Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Dec 8, 2020.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I’ve walked out of 2 movies in the theater and that was one of them.

Zilla and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

The original Grinch cartoon movie is the best Grinch, hands down.

As for this thread....ones i gotta watch at least part of every year...

Christmas Vacation
    Home Alone
    Home Alone 2
    A Christmas Story
    Elf
    Gremlins
    The Nightmare Before Christmas

And now add The Night Before to that list. I kept forgetting it exists the last couple of years until I see it on TV, and it's definitely a favorite. Seth Rogen in the Church will never not be hilarious to me. And the "the jewish guy just crucified the messiah!" line

RyanPm40, aoftbsten and imthesheriff like this.
  3. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

The Jim Carrey Grinch is very very good

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Jim Carrey Grinch rules.

Rewatching A Very Murray Christmas. Nice way to ease into this snowy 2020 Christmas morning.

5. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Agreed. The Grinch with Jim Carrey is a classic.

starting the day with the Jinkx and Dela special on Hulu.

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I watched the Night Before for the first time the other night. Michael Shannon as a pot dealer is inspired casting.

7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I've never seen A Christmas Story.

Wife took me to a play version of it maybe 6 years ago and we left at intermission.

8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

20201225_163554.jpg
    Almost forgot to throw on TBS!

9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I usually watch the first showing at 8 on Christmas Eve and then will turn it on at various times Christmas Day. Typically on while opening Presents.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

A Christmas Story is omnipresent at my parent’s house every year. It’s interesting because the film is mostly just a bunch of interconnected short stories, so even if you’re not actively watching it, by the end of the day you feel as if you’ve seen the whole thing

Zilla and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

About five years ago my ex and I decided to watch Love Actually because neither of us had actually seen it before and from the recommendation of friends we were under the presumption that it was supposed to be actually good. I’d take the gross insanity of the live action Grinch movie over watching that one again

12. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Serendipity is an underrated Christmas movie, and movie in general.

13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Just watched Klaus. Definitely adding that as a permanent part of the Christmas rotation.

coleslawed and bradsonemanband like this.
  14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Bumping this thread as tis the season soon, but also because of The A Christmas Story sequel coming out.

Trailer looks okay. Like, it looks like it'll be a legit sequel that hopefully has some of the heart of the first one, so not as bad as the other attempted spinoffs/sequels. But also has a very generic modern christmas movie feel to it from the trailer. I will still definitely watch.

Daniel and bradsonemanband like this.
  15. yeah i'm looking forward to checking that out.

also, someone needs to start making a list of the "best" new holiday movies coming out in the next few weeks.

16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Another year of me never finishing that movie.

Anyways, my wife and kid are in this one...

Daniel likes this.
  17. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Just watched Eyes Wide Shut. Think that counts as a Christmas movie.

I have a feeling I might come back to it at some point, but I've very much soured on A Christmas Story and do not want to see it for a couple of years.

Planning on watching Planes Trains and Automobiles soon, as it's one of the few Thanksgiving movies.

We've been watching a lot of the Hallmark/Lifetime holiday movies and enjoying them a lot. Every plot is a yuppie going back to their hometown, getting stuck, and rekindling an old flame. The best is when there's some supernatural element involved like a ghost or time travel. Throw out some suggestions if you have them, the more ridiculous the better.

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I'm going to watch as many Hallmark movies as possible this year. Also hope to do Eyes Wide Shut for the first time. Planes, Trains and Automobiles has become a Thanksgiving staple, along with Peanuts.

Daniel and bradsonemanband like this.
  19. I'll add anyone to my Christmas movie Plex again this year. 100+ classics/Hallmark, etc. Just DM your email address. But I apologize in advance if it sometimes doesn't work very well...

Daniel and OhTheWater like this.
  20. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Guys.

I made fake nickelback posters for a character’s room in this:

Saturday, November 26, 2022
    Haul Out the Holly
    Time: 8 p.m. ET/PT on The Hallmark Channel

Please enjoy the screen debut of my design work lmao

Brent, Nyquist, OhTheWater and 3 others like this.
  21. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Screenshot_20221114-114523.png
    Just remembered this movie I liked from when I was a kid, but watching the trailer makes it look way more serious than I remembered. Anyone know if it's worth a re-watch? Same thing happened with Prancer a few years ago, that movie is really not much fun at all and I remember loving it as a kid.

22. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Oh my god Prancer is so depressing. First time I ever watched it, I was at my wife’s house when we were like ten or eleven. I think it was my crush on her that colored my perception of the film because I remember telling her about that memory when we started dating so we sat down to watch it at Christmastime and man what a bummer lol.

Daniel likes this.
  23. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

24. The only correct response:

:scream:

trevorshmevor, tomdelonge and Zilla like this.
  25. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Looking forward to the Santa Clause series