Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wind River (Taylor Sheridan, August 4, 2017) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 25, 2017.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Liked this a lot. Totally agree with @a nice person, this DID kind of feel like a True Detective S1 episode. What an apt comparison.

2. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I'm seeing this on Friday.

3. Fixed Glitch

Great film. Solid B+

Renner's performance had some really strong moments. It was good to see him in a role like this again.

My only issue was: I didn't care for the way that Renner's character's daughter died in such a similar way to Natalie. It really wasn't necessary, and didn't seem believable. If this device is to be used, why not have some kind of payoff where it's discovered that the security team was involved with his daughters murder, or something along those lines. It just seemed like a pointless plot device.
    Really loved the final scene. Great dialog throughout.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  4. Serh Sep 23, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 23, 2017)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This was so good, maybe one of the best movies of the summer if not the entire year

a nice person likes this.
  5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Really good movie. Should not be overlooked.

6. Ya pretty much agreed with everyone in this thread. This was great. Taylor Sheridan looks to be the real deal.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

8. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

This is on Netflix now to those that didn’t get a chance to see it yet or want a re-watch. This is still a top 3 movie from 2017 for me.

9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Incredible film. Though it’s kind of difficult to watch more than a few times.

10. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Decided to watch this last night. Thought it was fantastic. The third Olsen is the most talented of the Olsens, for sure.

11. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed. I had only ever seen her in the Marvel films with her bad accent, but she was good in this one.

12. BirdPerson Mar 3, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 3, 2018)
    BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

i have actually only seen her in non-marvel films, ha - i think the only one of these new dc/marvel films i've seen is batman vs superman

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks for the heads up this was now on Netflix. Been wanting to see it. Just watched it and I really enjoyed it. Not sure why Jeremy Renner’s charcter had to be a white male though. Could they not have gotten a Native American actor for that character?

Also, it was really hard to hear some of the dialogue.

14. airik625 Apr 6, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 16, 2018)
    airik625

Watched this again last night and it’s still one of my favorite films from last year. Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye really have a great chemistry on screen.

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Fantastic film; that hospital scene near the end was done perfectly. Great music too

16. flask

Trusted Supporter

I feel like this ended up being a better Hold The Dark movie than Hold The Dark.

17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

damn, Hold The Dark was such a disappointment. the book isn't a masterpiece by any stretch but definitely expect more from Saulnier and Blair

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  19. airik625

Not sure why they felt this needed a sequel but whatever.

20. Fixed Glitch

2017?! wow

21. Fixed Glitch

Cash grab I guess

22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah a sequel is absolutely not necessary for this, especially with Sheridan not involved

Fixed Glitch likes this.
  23. Fixed Glitch

It’s just a Yellowstone cash in I’m sure.

Ferrari333SP likes this.