Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

William Ryan Key Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by earthlight, Apr 23, 2018.

1. RoKKeR

The Fly

It’s ok. Bridge doesn’t really go anywhere which is disappointing but overall it’s a solid tune.

I’m just glad he’s still making music.

supernovagirl and earthlight like this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Song is awesome

anonimito likes this.
  3. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I like it. It was a little boring though and yeah expected the bridge to “go somewhere” lol. Either way I’m excited to hear the rest for sure

Also, damn the views for this are so low. That’s disappointing.

anonimito and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  4. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Had to be expected I would think

anonimito likes this.
  5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’m happy he’s making music still. The last two Yellowcard albums were pretty experimental by their standards. To me Yellowcard was always Ryan’s voice, violin, LP’s drums, big guitars and Neal’s production. Lift a Sail and Self Titlted were a chance to do what they wanted to try outside or in addition to those elements (plus LP was gone). I think Thirteen will just be a solo extension of the last two Yellowcard records musically, and we just have to accept those other traditional known Yellowcard elements aren’t their anymore outside Ryan’s voice. I’m looking forward to hearing more.

anonimito likes this.
  6. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Hoping Sean is on at least one track.

7. RoKKeR

The Fly

8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Then it would be Yellowcard. Maybe someday, but I wouldn’t imagine that happening on a debut Ep.

9. Kuri44

Damn I dig this song

anonimito likes this.
  10. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

a band is definitely more than just musical contributions from two of their members. there's a sense of emergence coming from the interpersonal interactions and the identity of the project itself

but yeah, stoked to hear more from Ryan & glad he didn't just hang up the hat

anonimito and teebs41 like this.
  11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Has he expressed his long term plans? Will he move into doing some full lengths, more producing, other projects, and continuing to tour?

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

He's been working on stuff with Ryan Mendez too. Hopefully that'll turn into something.

anonimito likes this.
  13. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

This EP continues to grow on me quite a bit

14. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

There are some strings on one track but I am unsure who played them

anonimito and Yellowcard2006 like this.
  15. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

The bonus track is an acoustic guitar version of California but it is only available to Kickstarter backers

anonimito and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I need to hear that version. Song means so much to me.

Bad Frequencies and anonimito like this.
  17. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Finally listened to Vultures. I dig it!

anonimito likes this.
  18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I haven't been into Yellowcard in more than a decade but I really like this EP.

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Glad this is just an EP release. I'm into it though. I definitely gotta be in the right mood for it.

20. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

First listen, this didn't do too much for me. Will give it a few more spins, though

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Eh, Yellowcard is one of my favorite bands ever but this just isn't my kind of music I think. Didn't hold my attention. Really rooting for Ryan though

Scoob and FTank like this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Missed connections

Saw a random person at the liquor store wearing a yellowcard shirt. We talked about this ep a decent amount and he was a backer. You in here?? Haha

Scoob likes this.
  23. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Yeah i thought the ep was alright. Played it last night will be going back to it.

24. Bear

Bear the dog. Great Pyrenees/Newfoundland mix

When YC’s self titled came out I figured Ryan’s solo stuff would probably sound like “I’m A Wrecking Ball” but then saw videos of his ambient live performances and thought maybe it would be more like that. Turned out to be kind of a mix between the two which is cool.

25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I was kinda hoping his solo stuff would be more like Lift A Sail, One Bedroom, and The Hurt Is Gone.

This new stuff isn't bad by any means. I'm just happy its an EP and not a full length bc it would be pushing the boring category for me.