Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

William Ryan Key Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by earthlight, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Anthony_ May 3, 2018
    (Last edited: May 3, 2018)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Oh right, for his studio. I remember now. Damn I must not have been paying attention closely enough if he said back then that his first solo stuff would be made available to studio backers early lol

supernovagirl and Larry David like this.
  2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I thought that’s what the two songs he released a while ago were.

How many songs are on the EP? Track list maybe?

3. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

These songs are all very, very good - different, each in their own way, but very good. Very well done lyrically as well.

Davjs likes this.
  4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

So what do these songs sound like?

5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

How many tracks? I’d love to know the track list, but even having a number would be interesting. Also, I one listed as a bonus track?

6. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

1. Old Friends
    2. Vultures
    3. Form and Figure
    4. Thirty Days
    5. Great Unknown

Friends,

I am so happy to be sending this message to you announcing the release of my first EP, ‘Thirteen’. Over the last couple of months I have been writing and recording these songs, and I couldn’t be more excited to finally share them with you. You are getting this email to be the first to know about the pre order of ‘Thirteen’. The official release date is May 25th but you can grab a signed copy of the EP as well as an exclusive pre order t-shirt right now!

For those of you that are Yellowcard fans, I know it has been a while since you’ve heard from me. I really took my time over the last year looking for the direction and sound I wanted to pursue with my own music. It has been quite a journey, but when I finally found what I was searching for, the songs felt like coming home.

I have always been a huge fan of acoustically driven singer/songwriters, as well as many ambient post rock artists. Those inspirations really helped me craft a sound that I believe is my own, but draws on music that has shaped me as a writer. I had the pleasure of co-producing ‘Thirteen’ with my good friend Arun Bali who plays guitar in the band Saves the Day. Arun’s production style is something I have great admiration for and I think it really helped me create something entirely new for myself and for all of you.

Both myself and the people I love the most in the world have dealt with a good deal of loss over the last several years. Being a songwriter provides me with a unique opportunity to work out things in my life through musical expression. These songs were very much an exercise of release. I’ve always tried to share as much of myself as I can through my music and these lyrics are extremely dear to me. I hope you can all find something special for yourselves in the songs.

Thank you all for continuing to give me the chance to write and record songs for you. I am looking forward to seeing you on the road this year, and hope this is the beginning of a great new chapter for us all.

-Ryan

CoffeeEyes17 and Anthony_ like this.
  7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Arun!

irthesteve and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  8. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

very cool, rly wanna listen to this when i get the chance

since when is he the touring guitarist for NFG?

Anthony_ likes this.
  9. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Since this tour.

10. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Oh yeah when is that tour? Did it already happen? I kinda forgot about it

11. BenSmith94

Trusted

I really like all the tracks on this EP. Very very good stuff.

12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

So to those who have this, is there officially a bonus track? May 25 is later than I thought (I remember March being mentioned before), but glad it’s soon.

13. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Vultures is up on iTunes!

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I like the song and the production is absolutely fantastic. I just hope the rest of the EP isn't all acoustic stuff. I'll find it kinda odd that it took this long to release acoustic songs, especially since the new music was delayed and he wasn't playing songs acoustically during solo shows. They were extremely ambient, which I reallllly liked.

Either way, glad he's back and playing/releasing music.

Bad Frequencies and earthlight like this.
  15. Zeke

Regular

Vultures is really good!

16. pbueddi

Trusted

Agree with everything you said.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  17. alexplaysbass

Yeah, the bonus track is an acoustic version of California, fits in well with the rest of the EP

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  18. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Just preordered the EP. have not heard a single song on this. Gambling but he has s great track record

anonimito and Davjs like this.
  19. Zeke

Regular

anonimito and Bad Frequencies like this.
  20. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

good song

earthlight likes this.
  21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Vultures is nice

22. danielm123

Trusted

I like this song quite a bit

23. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

reminds me of ace enders a bit

24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

ok im feeling the ambiance

earthlight and Bad Frequencies like this.
  25. jorbjorb

7 rings

song is sweet