Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

William Ryan Key Band • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by earthlight, Apr 23, 2018.

1. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

well you were telling her to not engage anymore after he had posted, so I kinda see that as “policing her tone”, and it’s obvious @supernovagirl feels a certain way about Ryan (which is warranted, imo) and she’s just holding him accountable for it. While I think everyone else here took it personally.

RyanPm40, CarpetElf, Max_123 and 3 others like this.
  2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

it's always good, in a situation like this once some time has passed, to go back and reevaluate what started this all;

worth noting that this was a comment made earlier yesterday, in support of WRK, before he made his post.

what was so inherently bad about this post?

meanwhile, THIS post comes off incredibly snarky/condescending/overall shitty, and yet the line to harass and harangue @supernovagirl 's thoughts started behind this post. who are you to say who should 'sprinkle forgiveness' on anything? she literally JUST said, and i bolded it for you, that the desire to apologize and make amends is appreciated, but will ultimately not likely result in fandom once again. Then, she wished him the best - and I don't think she was being disingenuous at all. One might say that this entire situation could have been avoided if you either A). worded your reply a little less attacking (ironic huh), or B). just read it, accepted that someone else has a differing opinion than you, which is also fine, and just moved on.

3. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I'd say that calling my post condescending and shitty is a tremendous stretch, but sure, I'll consider your opinion. No, the issues didn't start there. Before the parade of self-expression defenders come along, don't get confused - I am not trying to say that supernovagirl shouldn't express herself. I'm all for that. She spent two pages doing it earlier. I just don't necessarily agree with the way it was handled and I, too, am expressing my opinion on that.

Ryan clearly read the thread. He responded with a very genuine post admitting past mistakes and his attempt to work through his personal issues. And so the decision to reply saying "I don't see any reason to forgive you" and then drop a snarky line about an ongoing lawsuit, to me, was unnecessary. But again, it's not my place to control what she has to say. I only replied with my opinion on it. There are two pages of this person going after Ryan prior to this including assuming shows were canceled because of poor ticket sales and calling him a douche based on personal experiences multiple times.

Ultimately, I don't think we will agree here. There is a difference in opinion as to the approach, not making anybody wrong or right. As I said in my more recent post, I hope Ryan continues to come back and post and I hope that supernovagirl is able to resolve issues with him one day too. If you'd like to continue the discussion privately, I would be more than open to that. Cheers

.K. and pbueddi like this.
  4. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Good advice, and agreed. I thought that Triple Please would find its way to WYTTSY, but I thought that in the end Hang You Up was the better choice. I forgot that Hide made it as well.

I wonder if any of those others songs ever came close to making it.

PS - If you could substitute Promises for Hide, would you do it?

.K. likes this.
  5. pbueddi

Trusted

I had no idea about the block feature. Thanks for sharing that.

.K. likes this.
  6. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I highly recommend the block button. Not pointing fingers at anyone, but no one should have their experience on this site nullified, degraded, or made to feel like they’re being bullied. The extra aggravation isn’t worth it.

.K. likes this.
  7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It’s made the forum a much more enjoyable experience. I love discussing bands and music and threads are best news source. I’m all for good discussions.

Some people have agendas though.

Analog Drummer and pbueddi like this.
  8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I like Hang You Up too. Just add a final version of Triple Please to WYTTSY without taking anything away.

9. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Having common decency and morals is “having an agenda”?

10. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I've searched best of 2019 and all I'm getting are 1 and 0 reply threads. Where are these posts?

I didn't say it was borderline creepy to know her name but to use it in the way you did. She felt weird about it too bub

RyanPm40 and GrantCloud like this.
  11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Not gonna get lured into a conversation you want to have. I respectfully decline. I am going to go use that block feature (or please feel free to block me). Have a nice day.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Also, there is a Private Message feature, which is a great way to have side bar conversations with people in case someone hasn’t noticed that before.

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

listen man all i'm gonna say is that if you are really going to be in here telling people to block others because of their "agendas" and then cower away via the block feature when your views or comments are questioned, just consider not posting at all.

Crisp X, Ben, Furry Werthers and 11 others like this.
  14. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

@Jason Tate honestly...Wtf?

are you going to address any of this at all or??

Furry Werthers and RyanPm40 like this.
  15. I spent the morning working on various things for my job, and also recorded a two hour podcast as a guest for some (new) friends that just ended a little bit ago; I've only just now gotten back to the forums in any regular capacity to read this thread due to the reported posts and get an idea of what is/was going on.

After doing so, I've spoken with various people privately to address my concerns with things said, posts made, and how to handle this differently in the future.

Dog Fish, K0ta, RyanPm40 and 2 others like this.
  16. supernovagirl

okay. In all fairness I felt this is something that deserved a timely response considering it had to do with the sites moderators using their position and personal bias in a humiliating way to try and drag and discredit me for something that had nothing to do with what happened in here. I feel I gave ample time (more than 12 hours) since the first report before I tagged you. So while I understand the delay I would hope you could also understand the frustration.

Honestly I’m glad that it has been “handled” but I am confused why I wasn’t really involved in any of the handling. Like I haven’t been given a proper apology or acknowledgement that that whole thing was messed up. It’s actually disorienting to have all that play out over hours and then just be met with “its been taken care of” and I’m just like...to who? It hasn’t been taken care of from my view, no one even talked to me.

furthermore the block feature makes it very confusing on this site and I can’t tell if you took my request seriously and deleted the posts in question or if you blocked me for those people and now I just can’t see their posts.
    It honestly upsets me so much that even if the post is gone, it’s been quoted by multiple people. The last like 3 pages in here never should have happened. There shouldn’t have needed to be people coming in to tell others to back off. There shouldn’t be pages defending my honor against hurtful and frankly false accusations.

Anthony_ and RyanPm40 like this.
  17. I understand your frustration. I only have the hours in the day I have and try and use them as best I can given what my schedule looks like. I had a specific time to do a pre-planned interview this morning to work around the timing of other members of my family also working from home right now, so I was not online in much capacity until that was over.

I can't make other people apologize to you. If they want to, they can. I responded to the reported post and had it send an alert that I was looking into it and would be talking to those involved, and then also responded here, to let you know I talked with various individuals and let them know my thoughts and frustrations on the matter. From what I can see, so far, they've listened to me. If they don't, I'll get more involved. I prefer to handle these conversations one-on-one when I can so it doesn't play out publicly.

I did not block you from anyone. I did delete some posts.

18. supernovagirl

Even just saying you understand goes a long way. So much of my frustration on this site comes from not being heard or being silenced which is what was happening here already.

also I understand you can’t make people apologize but truthfully speaking it would have been nice to get one from you. An “I’m sorry a mod acted inappropriately” goes a long way.
    And I can appreciate handling it one-on-one but then only notification about the report I got was “addressed privately”. Nothing was addressed privately with me so I have no way of knowing what exactly has been addressed yknow?

okay, thanks for the clarification. For what it’s worth I do request for garrets second post to be deleted because he speaks explicit falsehoods- I in no way shape or form ran a POC off the site- I didn’t even fucking engage with them and I was NOT even one of the ones making the most mocking jokes. I feel like it’s downright slanderous to portray that situation in the way that he did, and others agree with me.

additionally @Fucking Dustin and @BirdPerson while I do very much appreciated your replies, at this point I have to request that you either delete Garrett’s quote from your post or delete your posts altogether

frankly I’d like ALL of this after drama to be deleted because like I keep saying none of it ever should have happened here to begin with

Anthony_ likes this.
  19. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I went ahead and deleted my post!

Ken and supernovagirl like this.
  20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

this rules

21. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

God damn that is good

Kross likes this.
  22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Very telling how often @supernovagirl, @K0ta, and other women on this site have to go through the kind of ridiculous bullshit that went on in here today. We see y’all.

23. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I would love to hear those songs with modern day production/mixing. Especially Triple Please

.K. likes this.
  25. pbueddi

Trusted

@Jason Tate any possibility of an interview for the site?

anonimito likes this.