Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

William Ryan Key Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by earthlight, Apr 23, 2018.

1. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Well, I think it's about time we created this thread.

William Ryan Key (born December 17, 1979) is an American rock musician. He is best known as the former lead singer, songwriter, and rhythm guitarist of the former pop punk musical group Yellowcard. He is currently the owner/operator of a recording studio in Franklin, Tennessee, called The Lone Tree Recordings. He is currently touring and writing music under his full name, William Ryan Key, as a solo acoustic act. He is also currently the touring guitarist/vocalist/keyboardist for New Found Glory.

Ryan has announced that he will be releasing his first EP, presumably under his own name as William Ryan Key, sometime next month. Ryan has confirmed that the EP will be called Thirteen. It is expected that the songs will be released to backers of his Kickstarter first, but further details have not yet been released.

Should be an exciting time over the next few months to see what Ryan has been working on, what direction he goes in with his music, and obviously to see him on tour with New Found Glory .

2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Looking forward to this.

earthlight likes this.
  3. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Same. I'm interested to hear where he goes with it. My money is that the songs lean heavily toward something along the lines of "Wrecking Ball". I think we saw a glimpse of the fact that Ryan was opening up to that type of writing in the last few Yellowcard records, even the first half of Fields and Fences on the final album too.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  4. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Larry David likes this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Excited.

earthlight likes this.
  6. danielm123

Trusted

Definitely very excited to see where Ryan goes with his solo stuff. I love Wrecking Ball and did enjoy the two songs that leaked onto the internet a while back, so I'd be happy if he went in that direction

earthlight likes this.
  7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I'm excited but nervous for this. I really hope it isn't boring and folky. I just hope he takes experimentation from Lift A Sail/Self-Titled and progresses with it.

I also hope he records a studio version of his "Shadow of the Day" cover.

earthlight likes this.
  8. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Ryan is a great lyricist so I find it really hard to categorize his stuff as boring. I do think he will lean more in the folky direction and establish things before experimenting a bit more, but that’s just my opinion.

9. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

I think his solo stuff will be more folky while his project with Ryan Menendez will be the high energy/experimental record.

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Those two are doing something together?! Count me in for that.

Davjs, danielm123 and irthesteve like this.
  11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah what's the story there

12. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Email went out to Kickstarter backers this morning.

The new EP, “Thirteen” will be released to backers next week!

irthesteve likes this.
  13. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Is the only ‘backers’ thing he did was when he built his studio?

14. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Yes, one of the incentives of backing it was receiving his EP

15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I guess it just took a long time between the build, yellowcard record and now his solo material.

supernovagirl likes this.
  16. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Yeah that’s what he said in the email as well. I believe the email is public on his kickstarter page.

I’m super stoked to hear this thing

17. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’m sure there will be a way for us none studio backers to get this, but someone did mention a bonus track for those who did which I’d hate to miss out on

18. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

In today’s day of the interwebs i’m sure you’ll have no problem finding it :)

19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Hopefully. Looking forward to this. Been a Yellowcard fan forever, so I’m glad when they called it quits he’ll continue making music

earthlight likes this.
  20. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Have any backers received anything yet? Plan was for it to be sent “this week”.

21. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Pretty sure I saw a tweet that something went out today

22. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Wanna get this. I’d guess it will become available for everyone to buy at some point. I thought someone said backers get a bonus track too.

23. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

It has arrived

24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

He said in one of the Twitter replies it will be available to non-backers "later this month."

I don't even remember when he was doing the funding campaign, I must have completely missed it. Real sad I did considering I'd really like to be hearing this today.

.K. and Larry David like this.
  25. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

It was so long ago lol before the yc final record

Scoob and Larry David like this.