Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Will Yip • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Mar 27, 2017.

1. JoeyGinaldi

Damn, I can't believe I never heard anything about this. I'm surprised it didn't gain any traction tbh but I guess people are probably less likely to care about something like this compared to physical abuse

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Mr. Yip with 3 records on the docket, I'll probably like all of them too

Circa
    turnover
    Citizen

ImAMetaphor and Transient_Hymn like this.
  3. solxace

oh word?

New Citizen "As You Please" out October 6th on Run for Cover

coleslawed and teebs41 like this.
  4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So are any of those the super "innovative" project he was referring to?

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Nope. Still don't know who the mystery band is.

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

La Dispute?

7. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Pianos Become the Teeth should be coming down the pipeline this year too, hopefully.

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought about that.. but idk.. my money is on say anything or brand new.

9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

have a feeling la dispute is going to put out a record a lot of old fans are going to hate. i see almost a weird R&B influenced record on the way

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  10. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Would love for them to get weird. Rooms of the house is the perfect way to go from where they were to where they wanna be

coleslawed and Cameron like this.
  11. cwhit

they're playing those two shows in michigan next month and the fact that CARE is opening for them really intrigues me

12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Huh?

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Brand New seems unlikely, and I don't see SA ever putting out anything good again haha. What about Pianos?

14. cwhit

this act is opening up for la dispute, i can see them going further in the direction of the woman tracks towards something totally weird

15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

He's been really open about he pianos Record, and was recording that one last time he said there was a project he can't talk about it.

Here's why I think it's brand new

Will and ratti do a ton of mixing projects together. I have a source that confirmed to me that ratti is working on the new brand new record.

16. Micah511

or it could be title fight. Will thinks every records he does is the biggest game changer the scene has ever heard and will change the way we listen to music forever.

coleslawed, FTank and cwhit like this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I agree with you he always says that stuff. But he started working on the title fight record after he started hyping whatever this mystery project. When you listen to the podcast where he talks about it, he makes it sound like it's someone really really big.

18. Micah511

brand new is the only thing that could be that big, but hasnt brand new been working on stuff for a while? what if its new kanye?

FTank likes this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha could be? Brand new has been working on stuff for a while with mike Sapone but I know for a fact that back in April they were using ratti to mix, and I think it's been really close to done for a while.

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Jason's bet was say anything which is why I brought them up lol. What if it was new dashboard haha who knows? should be interesting

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, maybe. I'm at the point where I'll be shocked if BN even releases an album haha

teebs41 likes this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think it's coming this time, I say that knowing full well that it could make a fool of me haha

coleslawed likes this.
  23. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

I havent seen everything that Will has said about this mystery album but is it possible that he was just hyping Title Fight up because he knew he would be working on it? Or did he say he was currently working on it a couple months ago?

Personally really hoping for La dispute. Ive kind of convinced myself that they will never release anything again and would love to be proven wrong

24. cwhit

they are definitely going to put something out, can't imagine they'd do these random two off hometown shows if they weren't

25. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Hope so, but I get the impression that they view the band as more of a hobby than a way to support themselves financially. Wouldnt be surprised if they were just playing those shows for fun rather than to start some kind of hype.