Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wilco Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DaydreamNation, Mar 31, 2016.

1. And of course Impossible Germany mimes Television just about as well as anyone ever has. I've always scratched my head at the "dad rock" pigeonholing of that record, because it's actually pretty diverse when you think about it.

Blaine Ryan likes this.
  2. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

There's something really mellow and under a blanket sounding about the way a lot of SBS is mixed and I think it does a disservice to some of the songs. Kind of the same deal on Ghost but it works more in the album's favor on that one.

3. jdr2187

jdr2187

I blame pitchfork for the majority of the Sky Blue Sky hate.

Blaine Ryan and DaydreamNation like this.
  4. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Sky Blue Sky is arguably their best album and I wish they played more of it live

It may be their most cohesive album too, even the most diverse stuff shares a similar vibe, sonically it's so well executed. Best driving album for sure.

5. They opened with "On and On and On" when I saw them in Chicago back in February and it was fucking awesome.

incognitojones likes this.
  6. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

This is the album that really made me fall in love with the band and my personal favorite. Saw them at Bonnaroo the year it was released and remember them playing most of the album.

7. Blaine Ryan

Going on a Wilco binge today because of this thread.

The ending of "Hotel Arizona" is just the greatest thing.

"That's all there is...that's all there is"

*jam commences*

Gjpeace and DaydreamNation like this.
  8. If you haven't seen it before, this show is a must-watch. Vintage Wilco makes me super super jealous of people 15+ years older than me haha

jdr2187 likes this.
  9. jdr2187

jdr2187

I may watch Ashes of American Flags today for the first time in forever. If you haven't seen it you are missing out.

10. jdr2187

jdr2187

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

13. omg will def wanna read

14. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

yeah, bought

15. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Jesus H. Christ that "Impossible Germany" solo. Why have I not watched this before!?!

16. jdr2187

jdr2187

It’s incredible!

17. primavera

people complain about their new stuff not touching the bennett era but literally every Cline solo begs to differ

18. the last two records are really great

19. jdr2187

jdr2187

Every record is great minus Wilco the Album, to me that’s their only dud.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  20. primavera

same but instead of wilco s/t, which is great, the whole love

21. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

That album is still good and some great songs. You and I is a classic, and i wished they played at the festival I saw both them and Feist at.

22. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

The Whole Love is also sick, that title track is so underrated. The only one I don't like or go back to is AM.

jdr2187 likes this.
  23. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

AM is my #1. Also, The Whole Love is great. "Art of Almost," "I Might," "Dawned On Me," "Capital City," "Born Alone, "One Sunday Morning," are all great songs.

jdr2187 and incognitojones like this.
  24. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Please don't let this turn into a ranking, I already blame myself, it feels inevitable.

25. primavera

All of their records are great. I like them all. They're one of my favorite bands. That's my ranking.

jdr2187 and incognitojones like this.