Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Why Pabst Blue Ribbon Could Go Extinct • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

2. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Tastes like ass anyway.

and Labatt Blue > the rest

marissalg likes this.
  3. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I didn’t say anything about having an enviable palette - I don’t care for the darker, hoppier end of the spectrum, I mix my hard liquor with soda, and when it comes to cider, the sweeter the better. I do not have a refined taste.

That doesn’t change the fact that PBR is a gross, shitty tasting beer, and its popularity as a working class beer co-opted by the most privileged demographic possible is gross.

Whoever said Bud Light is just water is right. And I’d drink that over PBR any day.

yeahrightdude and bd007h like this.
  4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

KidLightning likes this.
  5. bd007h

Labatt Blue > MIller > Bud > Coors > PBR

GEM37 likes this.
  6. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Wouldn't be shocked if PBR files for bankruptcy and MillerCoors just buys them for pennies on the dollar.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  7. marissalg

Trusted

always blue

bd007h likes this.
  8. atlas

Trusted

PBR > Bud > Miller >>>> Coors

Joe4th likes this.
  9. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

My guilty pleasure beer is Olympia. Dear lord baby Jesus please keep Olympia safe

10. bd007h

Ahh I see you're from Buffalo. Rochester here. Shame for people who don't live just south of Canada, as it seems the further south you get the more foreign Labatt Blue becomes haha

marissalg likes this.
  11. atlas

Trusted

has anyone here had Stag? it's basically PBR. it's probably not very good objectively speaking but I'm not a beer snob at all so I like it

12. defmytones

Regular

I think another thing to factor here is the crazy competition in “cheap” beer these days. Founders, Bells, Shorts, etc etc have come out with their bottom end beers in the last year or two.

Also I live in Michigan hence all the local breweries being named. But I believe all those are across the country.

13. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

PBR is refreshing as fuck. It's my go to "long ass day give me something cold" beer

14. bestofmoss

Regular

PBR rules

15. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Pretty much all beer tastes like shit to me so this wouldn't be much of a loss for me.

GEM37 likes this.
  16. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Yeah it’s okay, it’s made by PBR

17. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I really think the perception of PBR as a hipster beer is overblown. It’s usually the cheapest beer at any bar I’ve been to by at least $1 each, and anyone I’ve known to order it only does so because they’re not financially well-off

oldboot likes this.
  18. pbueddi

Trusted

old style is the way to go!

KidLightning and Essie like this.
  19. marissalg

Trusted

I don’t mind PBR, but I’ll always spend the extra $1-2 for a Blue instead. I can’t ever leave this area because I need Blue and Wegmans in my life forever.

bd007h likes this.
  20. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

21. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Given the changing consumption patterns, many mainstream beer brands will go away. Just a heads up.

22. KyleAtGalaxy

Regular

A love a good craft beer but when it comes to the flip cup game, give me about twenty busch lights.

23. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

All this talk of shitty beer and no one has mentioned Hamm's?

GEM37 likes this.
  24. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Agreed. I've only seen country hillbillies or poor college kids drinking this stuff.