Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Why I Deleted the Recent Makeout Video Post • Page 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 7, 2017.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

My favorite part is how he tries to say that this isn't gendered base and could be about a guy too, like yea ok buddy, I'm sure that's why you had to use 2/3 of the big words that are specifically used to demean women.

skogsraet likes this.
  2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I didn't mean to insinuate I think it's unhealthy to feel that way as a teen, because ultimately no one can tell you how to feel. I do think you're right, that teaching younger people how to effectively handle their emotions is important and would lessen this kind of stuff in the future. Like Anna said, it's one thing to feel these things and a whole other thing to release a song with deragory language like this.

That being said, it's a bummer because the kids can clearly write a catchy tune, it's sad they chose to ruin that with their words.

3. There's one simple one ... be better writers. Whatever, I tried. :sly:

Robk, js977, fenway89 and 6 others like this.
  4. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I'm actually surprised the 3rd word didn't make it in there.

5. jorbjorb

7 rings

holy shit this band sounds like ass. What the heck do John Feldman and Travis Barker see in these guys?

Travis barker commented "fucking awesome" on their shitty instagram post

Raku likes this.
  6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

maybe they see a young themselves in the band???

which excuses nothing. but i mean, early blink lyrics.....

tyramail likes this.
  7. jorbjorb

7 rings

no blink lyrics say "whore" in them.

Raku likes this.
  8. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Just looking at the way he talks about things on the lyrics, it becomes clear why she cheated on him. He seems like a piece of shit.

9. I've been cheated on countless times by the same guy and abused into mental illness. I see his side. And it's still wrong. That's a big part of how I know it's wrong.

Problem is, this kid thinks "see my side" means "agree with me, no questions asked".

10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

My friends used to talk like this band. That was almost 10 years ago, and they have grown up. Embarrassing lyrics.

11. Not my proudest moment but I think my initial hot take on this was to say I wanted to cheat on him too after reading those lyrics.

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It says a lot about their target audience.

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I agree with all of this. And no honestly I was the one with the bad take there because I basically read "therapy" and automatically jumped to it being something bad, when really it would just be one of the ways to help manage that angst in a more healthy and productive way.

tyramail likes this.
  14. jordanjohnson09

Regular

dysentary gary

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I hate that..."the way you present your ideas aren't good so let's invalidate those criticisms based on that"

How do you converse with these "brick-wall" types. They just want to pull every argumentative fallacy against their detractors to protect their thinly veiled statements

16. jorbjorb

7 rings

17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

yes songs much like words have no meanings or consequences

fenway89 likes this.
  18. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

and even the lyrics that don't say that exact word in songs, like, dumpweed? the messages behind the lyrics are what matters.

jorbjorb and KidLightning like this.
  19. Imagine writing "no more nobu for you" and thinking it was art.

Ken, Signifire, fenway89 and 12 others like this.
  20. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

True! I think it goes along with the teaching idea that we give therapy less of a stigma. It's a really great tool for a lot of people and more people should look into it as a healthy way to deal with this shit hole we live in haha.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  21. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

It pisses me off John Feldman didn't put a stop to this song. Or anyone, really. Not a single band member, producer, engineer, label person said anything? And they pushed it as a single and everyone in the video was okay with it?

22. That conversation on Twitter was my attempt. That's about as calm and collected as I can be ... next time I see the guys from the label around town I'm gonna bring it up to them though, I think I'll have a better shot at reaching them.

23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Feldman has worked with plenty of problematic bands in the past

24. eboo

Uhh most of Cheshire Cat is pretty misogynistic and the party song doesn't mark say whore?

25. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

So is the big controversy here that the lyrics have the words "bitch" and "whore" repeatedly in them? This is shitty music and lyricism, but I don't understand the uproar.

It's a song about a guy who's pissed off that his girlfriend was sleeping around. Isn't it supposed to be angry? Don't you use crude language when you're angry?

Raku likes this.