Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Why Does All Blockbuster Movie Music Sounds the Same

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This is really interesting.

3. NotBruce

Regular

I love this channel, as well as The Nerdwriter. Similar observations/style. Really interesting stuff.

4. CMilliken

Trusted

I'm studying film/broadcasting right now and found this video really interesting. I think the same thing can be seen with bands that listen to certain types of music when writing and recording albums.

5. Steven Suarez

That headline feels like broken English to me.

MrAirplane likes this.
  6. Liz

Ew, David

It took me like 2 full minutes to realize this didn't mean Blockbuster the movie rental company

7. Ryhaan

I don't think the MCU has had Hans Zimmer as a composer. When that happens, or if they get John Williams for a film, we'll definitely remember the score.

8. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

Every Frame A Painting is my favorite channel on YT. i could (and have) watch Tony's videos on Jackie Chan and Edgar Wright over and over and still be entertained/informed

exanctile likes this.
  9. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

Sometimes I feel guilty for repeat viewings, but his work is so well assembled that I can't bring myself to admit it could be a waste of time. Always walk away feeling informed.

10. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

The title to this article reminds me of the Portlandia sketch that shows a pretend band that does the theme songs for True Blood, True Detective, etc

11. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

You should also check out kaptainkristian

12. intoyourarms

Got to see this presented live at XOXO fest. What a treat.

13. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

The segment where Captain America is visiting his own museum of sorts, and he takes out the dialogue - was amazing. I didn't think much of the scene at first, but when he took out the dialogue and turned up the music, the effect almost brought a tear to my eye. It makes me think of how many emotional moments that might have been destroyed in these movies.

14. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Because it's a formula. Wanna know the worst score EVER?? The Perfect Storm. My dad and I were just watching it a month or so ago. We were both groaning in agony. And then the allmovie review hated it, too. Which is weird, because it's by James Horner, and his score for A Beautiful Mind was UH-MAZING. Cloying, but beautiful.

15. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I try to avoid music. Because I am a musician and I have an easy time coming up w/ songs, but my head is swarmed with OTHER songs. I know the Beastie Boys virtually ignored rap for the same reason, so it wouldn't dilute their jams.

CMilliken likes this.