Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Foxy Shazam Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by mikalcheuk, Feb 5, 2017.

1. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

truly terrible!

DaydreamNation likes this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Such a great band, Introducing, s/t and Church were such a great run of albums that really sounded like nothing else. Unstoppable was their chance to blow up and it just never really caught on. Eric has absolutely insane vocals and I really hope we get something solo from him sooner than later

Joe4th likes this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This thread got me heavily back into listening to Introducing, S/T, & Church... all still great records! The evolution between Introducing and S/T in particular is so cool to hear.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. Fox83

Trusted

As lifelong Cincinnatian, it was pretty cool to see them really embrace and transform the music scene around here. They had a very powerful following locally.

I'm a huge fan of their sound, but I couldn't really get into them, if that makes sense - at least not right away. Church of Rock & Roll is when they clicked with me. It was a great gateway for me to start digging into everything else they did. I love The Darkness (Hot Cakes is still their best album no one has really listened to btw), and I had no idea Justin Hawkins produced Church. Once I realized it, I knew why it had such an apparent Darkness influence.

Anyway, to answer OP's original question, I just don't know how Foxy could have blown up. Maybe 15 years ago it could have happened, but rock music just isn't getting enough love these days, especially rock music that pushes boundaries and expectations of traditional "rock" music today. I agree they deserved more. I also agree that Eric Nally should have pumped out that solo album when he was making headlines for his Macklemore collaboration. Hopefully the wait was worth it to him though.

5. Checkered

Regular

If they followed up S/T with something of a similar quality they probably would have got there but Church was dead set forgettable.

Brilliant live band and a shame that S/T will probs never get pressed on vinyl

6. beachdude

scottlechowicz and JRGComedy like this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Not really into this at all but I hope nothing but the best for this man. He deserves it.

8. beachdude

I actually really like the new song. It's not what I was expecting at all, but it's catchy and suits his voice well.

JRGComedy and KidLightning like this.
  9. irthesteve

Extremely Michael Jackson-y, but I kinda dig it. It's certainly catchy, was stuck in my head after one listen

SpyKi, beachdude42 and KidLightning like this.
  10. irthesteve

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. Checkered

Regular

That's great

12. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Pretty much my first thoughts, ha. Interested to hear what else he does.

irthesteve likes this.
  13. irthesteve

interesting that he says none of the other songs on the EP sound like this, also says the EP is 8-10 tracks, lots of strangeness going on ha

14. SpyKi

That's what I was hoping when I was listening. I like the song but I don't think I'd want a whole album of that from him. I feel like there's so much he can do and it would be really cool to hear him do a ton of different stuff. That would make a lot of sense as a solo project too.

irthesteve likes this.
  15. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i just saw this and i laughed quite a bit. ty Zac

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  16. sukottokairu

Regular

haha yeah it sounds like the EP isn't done yet, so its interesting that they are already releasing some singles, although i'm not complaining! its a great song. but, sounds like he isn't sure if it will end up being released as an EP or an album yet due to the unsure amount of songs. either way i'm stoked for it!

17. vidiviciveni

Trusted

This should've been the first thing they released from S/T and not sure they ever even did.

I remember being stoked for Nally that he was on that Macklemore song, but yeah he's sure vanished since then.

This is the first time I ever heard Foxy Shazam, hard to believe its the same band/dude

JRGComedy likes this.
  18. irthesteve

second solo single

19. vidiviciveni

Trusted

That's the biggest piece of crap I've ever heard, and I don't like it, I don't like it

20. SpyKi

I'm not a fan of this one.

21. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

The first one was a lot better, but this still is okay

22. abw123

Trusted

Both of these solo songs are awful. So bummed.

23. vidiviciveni

Trusted

It's just a popularity grab, I don't know why fans are always expected to respect it as progress. Somewhere some label exec's greasy assistant has convinced Eric Nally that the whole Bleachers/Simple Jack combo is really working for him. And fuck it, lets just recreate every camera angle and prop from the "Downtown" video while we're at it.

24. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I really doubt that is the case at all. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean he's going for a cash grab.

25. irthesteve

Yeah, if it was a cash grab it would have happened a year ago haha. Eric is WAY past the Downtown hype, he very obviously is approaching this from a personal level. What this show more, I think, is that he might need the rest of a band to check and balance himself

Joe4th likes this.