Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Why Bonnie - 90 In November (August 19, 2022)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Feb 25, 2020.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Indie dream-pop esque band. Previously has opened for Beach Fossils and Snail Mail. New EP coming out in April on Fat Possum.

2. This is great, some very Snail Mail-esque vibes.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  3. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

ItsAndrew likes this.
  4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Fronnyfron and Leftandleaving like this.
  6. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

this is so good and missed it from last week

7. sean_rugy

90 in november (the song) is stuck in my brain

8. zhargfoul

mad

this is so good

9. sean_rugy

10. Oh word, I will check this out for sure! Never heard of the artist

11. sean_rugy

it doesn't do anything groundbreaking but it does what it's doing really well

if that makes sense haha

trevorshmevor likes this.
  12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Dope. Need all the tags I can get this year, I stunk at keeping up with new music.

13. Wow this was so good! It’s like the energy of mellow little Topshelf emo bands I love like Crisman but equipped with the soul and songwriting skills of Laura Stevenson. Very good recommendation

Also for what it’s worth, made for a very nice mowing the lawn album. Haha

OhTheWater and sean_rugy like this.
  14. sean_rugy

extremely on point compaison

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah this is very cool

16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

17. Caught them with Sun June on Monday, honestly the performance was pretty rough around the edges but it was cool to see them play basically the entire record. That main riff in Healthy was a highlight, sounded really big and got a “damn, what are these guys called again?” from a dude behind me

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Would you not suggest catching them live then? They are finally coming to Chicago and I was thinking about going.

19. I dunno, it could’ve just been an off night or something. It was a weirdly late show too so it kinda wouldn’t surprise me if they were just exhausted haha. Personally I probably won’t go out of my way to see just them again, but if they’re playing with another artist I like then I’d give them another shot for sure. If they’re coming your way with Sun June I’d say go for it!

ItsAndrew likes this.
  20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Thinking about going to see them on Tuesday. They’re coming with two other acts I don’t know as well but I feel like despite the above they’ll put on a great show!

21. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Idk about kolezanka’s live show (records are sick) but Foyer Red is fucking dope and their live show is easily gonna be the most impressive of the three. You’ll enjoy all of it I think!

ItsAndrew likes this.
  22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I saw them live tonight and it was great! They played two brand new songs which are going to be on their next record, which I recorded:

23. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Listened to this today, initial impression was this band is great. I'm a sucker for this sound and I feel like if you told me this was a Wednesday album I'd believe it. That's more a compliment than not.

24. sean_rugy

show popped up near me in december with this description…

An intimate holiday affair with Why Bonnie at Purgatory, featuring Young June. The band will be playing new music from their unreleased record.

zhargfoul and trevorshmevor like this.
  25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

sean_rugy likes this.