Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Why Are All of Spotify’s Most-Streamed Artists Men? • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 7, 2018.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This thread reminds me of the AP days, that’s not a good thing.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. Heh. They shoulda just wrote in Dukakis, same result as voting for Bernie in the national election for whatever reason.

3. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Wow this thread is a mess

Men are just too sensitive to discuss any issue involving women and representation, they like instantly burst into tears writing paragraphs to justify obvious biases that they have no informed reason to disbelieve besides being babies about reality and how it has been shaped to benefit them at the expense of others

White Boy snowflakes just can’t hang, cut ya wifi bruh

4. DesireToPlease

Regular

You’re not going to find unanimous outrage over a list. And I’m so sorry for that. Before you tell me that I’m missing the bigger picture, let me explain that I understand inequality is bad.

The sad truth is that you won’t see anything close to a solution in this lifetime, so instead of having a tempter tantrum on forums such as these, why don’t you message a friend a go grab a drink. Lighten the fuck up. Differing opinions don’t amount to a “mess”. That type of thinking is a problem. People who lean more to the left have a certain knack of packaging their opninons in the douchiest way, to the point where people instinctively distance themselves from the barrage of self-righteousness, and no one, I repeat NO ONE likes people who jump down other peoples’ throats for having their own beliefs and their own list of what irritates them, no matter how selfless(?) your beliefs are.

Unfortunately for us, we’re still living in a time where the construction/implementation of total equality is still in its infancy. Success in the country we live in, historically, has been geared toward white men and seeing residual evidence of that should be expected, no? This is coming from somebody who doesn’t even identify as white. Freaking out online won’t accelerate the growth of humanity. We’re beginning to wake up; just let it happen, and enjoy the ride. Shit isn’t that bad.

5. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

“Let it happen” as though this shit just organically occurs.

Speaking out / raising awareness is literally how we achieved the progress we have and “enjoying the ride” is a great way to ensure that those achievements regress.

6. DarkHotline

What a mature response. “Dude, like lighten up and drink a beer.”

St. Nate likes this.
  7. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Are you a white male? I’m not assuming, I’m genuinely asking.

8. DesireToPlease

Regular

I was thinking more of a vodka soda with a couple lime wedges. I’m on Keto right now.

9. DesireToPlease

Regular

Nah, I identify as mixed. It’s just easier to say that when people are like “hey man, what’s your ethnicity?” every 5 seconds lol

10. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Understandable. As a mixed male, you shoukd understand that it’s not really productive for you to tell people, especially women, to just lighten up when there are clear biases and inequalities present.

Mary V and Anna Acosta like this.
  11. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

the way things will get better is if we stop talking about how they should be better. i agree

12. DesireToPlease

Regular

Being that inequalities and biases seem to be a mainstay in our society as of now, lightening up might make it easier to cope and enjoy the freedoms and opportunities that ARE available. *shrug*

13. DesireToPlease

Regular

Run for office. The big guys don’t care about what goes on in a punk rock echo chamber.

14. DarkHotline

I honestly can’t think of the last time, or any time, that punk took umbrage on this site.

15. DesireToPlease

Regular

Forgive me, dude, I was too busy choosing my next beer to use a more accurate term, dude.

16. DarkHotline

Must be hard with a fad diet

17. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Showed you @Wharf Rat. Either run for office or don’t discuss anything social or political at all.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. DesireToPlease

Regular

Actually, dude, my options beer-wise are so limited that it’s quite easy, dude.

19. DarkHotline

Dude dude dude dude dude dude dude dude dude dude dude

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  20. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I did run for office. I'm your senator

21. DesireToPlease

Regular

Well at least if he ran for office he’d have a chance at being noticed. Discuss all you want. I’m doing it too, clearly.

22. DesireToPlease

Regular

Well I’m the custodian in your building

23. DarkHotline

Uh oh, dude like dude fucked dude up dude now

24. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I want to abolish you so you know.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  25. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I’ll never have that mindset. As a gay woman, lightening up will never be something I do. I can enjoy life and it’s opportunities without turning a blind eye because it’s easier.