Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Who are your most bitter rivals? • Page 4

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Mar 23, 2016.

1. SellOutFunerals

head above water.

Giants fans are quite possibly the worst fans in any sport. I'm an A's fan and I'm surrounded by seas of bragging fans yelling, "3 out of 5" when really it is "3 out of 50 something".

DerekIsAGooner and DarkHotline like this.
  2. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I get people hate the Yankees, but they have 1 title in the last 15 years, FYI

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I think we'd get along well

4. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Oh man, I remember the 9-0 game haha. What a frustrating affair the jags always were. And the playoff...
    I really do hope bortles keeps progressing. Spirits seem to be high after the draft.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That has never stopped anyone from shouting 27 in my face. It's really offputting. It hasn't happened to me lately, but I don't know too many baseball fans up here.

6. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

They still tend to make it pretty hard to win the AL East.

7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I'm surprised I didn't mention the Patriots in my initial post in this thread. But I guess they're not a traditional rival of the Bucs.

Henry likes this.
  8. doubledribble Aug 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 4, 2016)
    doubledribble

Regular

MLB: The Yankees. I'm a Red Sox fan so fuck those guys.

NFL: The Cowboys. I also hate the Vikings. And the Bears.

NBA: the Knicks, the Bulls, and the Lakers. Pacers fan so that should explain the Knicks and Bulls. And the Lakers because of the fans.

NCAA: Clemson, UNC, Georgia, Tennessee, and Clemson - yeah I said Clemson twice.

Individual players:

Michael Jordan, he's not the "greatest ever" he's just one of the greats. Plus his best team ever lineup exemplifies why he'll never win with the Hornets.

John Starks - choke

Alex Rodriguez, Sosa, Bonds, Clemons, McGuire - and the other 1000 guys that have tainted the game of baseball by doping

Peyton Manning - because I do

9. Randall Mentzos

People are real quick to shit on Jordan now that LeBron brought a title to Cleveland. If anything my love of Jordan is childhood bias cause I idolized him up till the age of 10 or 11, so I don't really have a dog in this fight.

But it's like, one bitter hall of fame speech and another basketball prodigy later and his whole legacy is getting criticized.

10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Really? I haven't seen/heard/read anything criticizing his *playing* legacy. The bitter HOF speech was just Mike being an asshole, which was a well known personality trait of his for forever. The older generation shits on LeBron for no other reason than because he isn't MJ. If anything, Jordan has been reduced to a (highly entertaining) meme by younger people, but no one's writing think pieces on MJ being overrated or anything.

11. doubledribble

Regular

Who shit on Jordan? I'm the only one that mentioned Jordan and I never said anything about Lebron.

12. Randall Mentzos

Meh, ive just been seeing a lot of negative and downplaying him the past couple years when that doesn't tend to happen to people who were all time greats. I think the HOF speech seriously damaged people's willingness to uphold his legacy and now people are almost grasping at reasons why he's overrated.

Was more me remarking on a trend I've been seeing, that post was really not that strong an example haha it's fair to say that he isn't necessarily #1 with all the talent that's come since

13. Randall Mentzos

I actually read two really long ones recently, if I can find them or remember where I'll post

14. doubledribble Aug 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 4, 2016)
    doubledribble

Regular

I have never like Jordan and I grew up watching him. I'd never say he's not a great basketball player, but I do think he gets too much credit sometimes. So many Jordan fans act like he carried a bunch of nobodies to championships, or that the legacy he left had never been accomplished before as far as championships and MVPs. That said, MJ was still one of the best I've ever seen and is still good enough to not let kids win shoes off of him missing a shot at his camp haha

15. NotBruce

Regular

I'm a SF Giants fan. My most bitter rivals are 90% of other Giants fans.

16. Emokid79

Regular

Seeing as I'm a Florida Gator, it would be those pesky UGA Bulldogs.

17. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

NFL:
    New England - I'm a Colts fan, so this more or less speaks for itself. Bill Belichick is the perfect NFL villain -- he's brash, stretches the rules, and most importantly, is incredibly good at what he does and doesn't care if you like him. As much as I love rooting against Belichick/Brady, I'm going to miss them when they call it quits in the next couple years. Rooting against them is one of the things that made me such a big football fan.

NCAA:
    UNC - I'm a UGA grad, but I think college football rivalries are mostly blown way out of proportion. UNC was my first choice college when I was looking and it's the only school I applied to and didn't get into. So it's the only school I have an actual reason to dislike. Their annoying, self-righteous hatred of Duke and the academic scandal make it very easy. I'm excited to kick the season off against them!

Georgia Tech - I think most of UGA's rivalries are a ton of fun. All of the Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, etc fans I've met watching/going to the games have all been mostly nice and it's fun to watch with them and root against them. Tech is the one exception. The game really doesn't matter all that much to UGA, but Tech people take it way too seriously for whatever reason. Basically it's just listening to insults about how awful my college is, and how football doesn't matter because wow Tech is such a great school. If UGA wins, then whatever it's expected. If UGA loses, then every Tech fan will let you know. Not fun.

MLB:
    Phillies, Nats, Mets, etc - Basically the NL East are my baseball rivals as a Braves fan. The 00s Phillies were very easy to root against with guys like Utley and Howard. But now I'm kind of in a pickle. The Phillies aren't good enough to care about, I don't really have any strong feelings one way or another towards these Mets, and as much as I want to hate Harper's Nats, I can't. He's too much of what I want baseball to be.

18. what

Regular

NFL - Packers. Yeah they can fuck right off.

NHL - Kings because they thwarted the Hawks' chances of back to back titles (subsequently would have been a 3-peat). And the Blues, if nothing else because after the wings left the conference we needed a new big division rivalry. Also their fan base is probably the second worst in the league (behind the Hawks, unfortunately).

MLB - Cardinals. I'm not even a Cubs fan, but living in Missouri during Sept/Oct is my hell on earth. Most entitled fans in all of sports.

EPL - Liverpool because it's expected of a good Evertonian.

NCAA - Texas, Notre Dame, Tennessee, and SCar. First three don't need much explaination, SCar I hate only because they ruined Mizzou's perfect season in '13. Oh and KU I guess.. Really just kind of feel bad for them though.

19. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Man, what did St. Louis do you, dawg?

20. what

Regular

Nothing, my girlfriend is from Stl and I've visited the city dozens of times. It's nice, I just really dislike their sports fans.

21. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Maybe it's just because I've been in the thick of it my whole life but I can't see how one think Blues fans are bad. Cards fans, totally can see why and often agree with people who say they are. I'm not going to dismiss it though, maybe it's something I'm just not noticing,

22. what

Regular

Cards fans are blues fan, at least the ones I know, and the mentality spills over. Maybe my roommates just suck more than the average Blues fans.

DarkHotline likes this.
  23. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

NFL: Go Vikings fam
    • Packers. Always and forever fuck the Packers and their fans. They get away with so much more shit because they have a big name QB. Like that TD run by Rodgers this last week, the center was fucking holding and Green Bay never gets it. Also green and yellow is the shitty color combo in all of pro sports
    • Chiefs. Chiefs fans are annoying. My college is an hour or so from KC and most of the fans here just piss me off. Most use the stadium noise record in arguments like that means something on production on the field. Also I wore a Vikings hoodie to a KC-Denver game the year KC went 2-14 and their fans were trying to give me shit when their team had only one win at the time. Plus the tomahawk chant is terrible.
    • 2009 Saints. Fuck Gregg Williams and that entire defense.
    • Gregg Williams. Being a Vikings fan fucking sucks and this asshole stole my fucking Super Bowl ring.
    • Redskins. The rest of my family is Dallas fans so I've grown up hating the Skins. Also burgandy and yellow is also a shitty color combo
    • Aquib Talib.
    • Mike Daniels. Dude talks so much trash to AP and it's like dude congrats you tackled one of the best RBs ever. Doesn't mean you are elite.
    • I would say the Bears and Lions too but the Bears are so laughable with Cutler and the Lions have always sucked
    NCAA: GBR
    • Texas. With Nebraska leaving the Big 12, my hatred has started to die down a little, but I still love it when they get embarrassed.
    • Iowa. Iowa fans think just because they have had more success in the last 15 years that they're the superior team.
    • Miami. Bunch of thugs
    • Alabama. Bandwagon bama fans are the worst
    • Creighton. Fuck Creighton.
    • Jaysker fans: Either root for Nebraska or Creighton. Not both.
    Others
    • Don't really care for baseball but Yankee fans are annoying as are Heat fans.

24. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I find myself wondering if you like anything

25. doubledribble

Regular

I think the point of the thread is to list who you don't like....