Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Who are your most bitter rivals? • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Jags are my favorite rivals

atticusfinch likes this.
  2. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

As a steelers fan, I too have fond memories of the jags games. I always respected them, and I'm pulling for them to be really competitive again soon. Good days lay ahead.

Randall Mentzos and atticusfinch like this.
  3. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

The green team in my 6th grade basketball league. What a bunch of cocksuckers. They thought they were soooo good. If they didn't have the two kids in our entire grade that had reached puberty before the rest of us, they wouldn't have been that great. My team, the silver team, came close to beating them once. I scored 9 points, career high.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

COYS

5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'm a Michigan fan, but Ohio State football fans are particularly ridiculous. I've seen and heard the "O-H" "I-O" chants airports, beaches, etc. and it's the stupidest thing I can think of.

Notre Dame everything.

Duke Basketball: Coach K is the worst.

Chicago Blackhawks: It hurts seeing all the frat bros and the like jump on the bandwagon when they weren't interested until they won. Seems like certain players are scumbags too, not that it surprises me as they're pro athletes, but you just hear about it a little more.

6. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I try to stay out of the bitter rival area, but fail with a few teams especially in hockey. As a Pens fans, most Metropolitan teams irritate me like the Rangers and Columbus. The Flyers can bring out an irrational side of me. I hate the Blackhawks, but not in a rival way. I respect how they have been run as an organization. It's exactly how Pittsburgh should have been, and there would be at least one more cup win here if this were the case. I hate them for it.

For basketball, it's just wherever Lebron is. Growing up in Northeast Ohio, you can imagine how much coverage he has received since he joined the league. It may be bad on NBA TV and ESPN, but it's worse here. The hate was multiplied during the Miami years with me as a Pacers fan.

7. RobertThePoet

NFL (49ers): Seahawks of late, but long term it is the Cowboys and Packers. I grew up during the late 80's and early 90's, so those were the teams that caused my Niners headaches.

NBA (Hornets): There's a budding thing with Miami now that the Hornets are back, and it is easy to dislike that team, I must say.

EPL (Everton): Liverpool is easy, but mostly it's the big clubs that think they can buy championships and cups. So Chelsea, Man United and Arsenal come to mind.

Not a fan of LeBron either. His sense of entitlement is just ridiculous, and watching him lose in the finals was spectacular. I'll root against him forever.

8. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

As a Florida Gators fan, in order from most hated to least most hated:
    1. Georgia Bulldogs -- to hell with UGA!
    2. Miami Hurricanes -- skewed by growing up in South Florida. they haven't been good in so long that I doubt I'd have them this high if I grew up elsewhere
    3. Tennessee Volunteers -- they remain highly hated despite the fact that we've beat them 11 years in a row
    4. Florida State Seminoles -- i mean
    5. LSU Tigers -- there are times when they feel like they should be at the top of this list
    I don't particularly like Ohio State or Alabama either. I don't really hate Urban Meyer, though, and Florida had a nice run of beating Ohio State in football and basketball national championships, so I could hate them way more. Bama being in the SECW makes their dominance a lot more tolerable.

9. dtbjerke

Regular Supporter

My reasoning is solely based on who I root for:

1. Bears/Vikings - Packers fan
    2. Minnesota - Wisconsin grad/fan
    3. Cubs/Cardinals - Brewers fan

4. Bulls - Bucks fan -- This one is no where near the level of bitterness of the other 4 above, but if I had to choose one it would be the Bulls based on last year's 1st round playoff series.

10. buckcheeks

Regular

Chris Paul-

His incessant bitching and flopping. And most notably for a specific moment against my Rockets where he yelled at a player(Kyle Lowry I believe) to "Quit fuckin' flopping!" The irony of it really irked me and does to this day.

Utah Jazz/San Antonio Spurs/Dallas Mavericks-

There are two types of Rockets fans: those who root for the Rockets and no one else, and those who root for the Spurs/Mavs when the Rockets are out of it. I am NOT the latter. Eff those guys.

Pittsburgh Steelers-
    I am a miserable Bengals fan. Need I say more?

Hines Ward- The dirtiest of all Steelers players. The Keith Rivers play.

Bruce Bowen- Dirty.

11. GooberSandwich

Regular Supporter

UGH I had forgotten about John Rocker. As a die hard Mets fan who grew up during the 90's, the Braves were the worst. While the Nats rivalry has definitely been more competitive and enjoyable recently, the Braves will always rub me the wrong way

Cola. likes this.
  12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

John Rocker was and still is one of the biggest pieces of white trash I have ever seen.

GooberSandwich likes this.
  13. Vikings, Seahawks, Giants in the NFL

Cardinals in MLB

Bucks aren't good enough to have rivals

14. Old Fuck

Regular

Pittsburgh fan here, so the obvious Ravens/flyers hate. I still to this day start feeling nauseous when I hear the Braves tomahawk chop chant, so I'll always hate the Braves for breaking my little 7 year old heart.

And with no local NBA team, I latched onto the Sacramento kings during the mike bibby/Chris webber/vlade divac era, so I hate the lakers for stealing the 2002 conference series from them. The fix was in, and refs confirmed this years later.

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

NFL: Patriots, Vikings, Bears, Cowboys, Eagles
    College football: Ohio State, Oklahoma
    College basketball: UNC, Duke, Syracuse
    MLB: Cubs
    NBA: Warriors, Heat

Several of these don't have a lot to do with who I actually root for but they're all teams I can't stand for various reasons

16. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

NFL: Colts. I'm a Texans fan so it's pretty self explanatory on why I dislike them.

NHL: LA Kings. I hate them so much due to the fan base and it was 3-0 was the lowest point of my Sharks fandom.

MLB: SF Giants. I live in Giants territory so constantly hearing radio non stop talking about them and being friends with Giants fan isn't very fun. They constantly rag on my Dodgers for being chokers and other absurd things.

17. Fucking Dustin

THERE'S MORE OF US @GreatBeardRecs

GreatBeardRecs likes this.
  18. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

20. Fucking Dustin

We at least are 12x the population of Titans fans.

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

22. Randall Mentzos May 5, 2016
    (Last edited: May 5, 2016)
    Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

NFL
    I hate the Titans. That's really it. And they're doing a bunch of dumb things with their millions of draft picks and that has been making me happy.

The Colts were usually just better than us so I can't be mad about it, the Texans can be great and we can be shitty or vice versa and we'll still have games decided by a field goal so that's a fun rivalry with an impressively built team to me. In both those cases my feelings of respect are stronger than my bitterness about losing to them. Same with the Ravens and Steelers who we play often and used to share a division with a decade ago.

But man I want to beat the Titans 50-0 every time we play them, they took our Superbowl away from us and they then and still now build their roster in ways that aren't exciting to me but they always find ways to beat us anyway. I was gonna lose it when we gave up that 87-yard Mariota run and then our center fumbled the snap twice this past year. Bortles was having an amazing game in that loss too. I'm glad the home matchup I went to, it was an ugly game but we beat them ugly.

I've even come around to the Patriots lately and started to just respect how tactical they are as a franchise.

MLB
    I mostly just never want to see the Orioles lose to the Yankees or Red Sox because that's just boring

23. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

the Jags-Steelers battles of the mid 00s are some of the best moments in the Jags' short history IMO. They were always these gritty, defensive, run the ball against 8-man box games. I remember a Monday Night Football game where we hardly won 9-0 haha. I remember at least 4 games that came down to a Josh Scobee field goal and we won 2 and lost 2 (1-1 on game winning field goals above 55+ yards). And of course the playoff one. It's been awhile since the Jags have been anywhere near the Steelers' roster talent, but now that the Jags are getting better I think the similarities between Bortles and Roethlisberger would still make a game between them entertaining.

24. Chris McComas

chrisnwhc

Baseball (Mariners Fan) - New York Yankees and Texas Rangers
    Football (Seahawks Fan) - LA Rams
    Soccer (Sounders and Liverpool Fan) - LA Galaxy, Portland Timbers, Man U, and Everton

25. SellOutFunerals

head above water.

Patriots - The Tuck Rule. I'm a Raiders fan.
    49ers - I'm a Raiders fan.
    Clippers - Blake Griffin is a toolchest.
    Lakers - Good riddance Kobe Bryant.
    Yankees - Because nobody likes a team that wins that often.
    Alex Rodriguez - He's a slimy, scumbag.
    Johnny Manziel - Overrated. Overrated. Terrible. Domestic abuse. Liar. Scumbag.