Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Who are your most bitter rivals? • Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Mar 23, 2016.

1. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

buckcheeks and Swoos like this.
  2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I can't stand the Arizona Wildcats, or bears, bearcats, whatever the fuck they are.

3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I hate Chipper for starting that whole hokey farewell tour business.

jkauf likes this.
  4. cherrywaves

Trusted

Montreal Canadiens: 2002, 2004, 2014. Everyone other than my man PK can kick rocks. Plekanec and Gallagher are generic-brand Bergeron and Marchand.

New York Yankees: What phaynes said

5. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Boston Bruins and New England Patriots.

6. Brandon Allin Mar 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2016)
    Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Chicago Blackhawks
    Montreal Canadiens
    New York Yankees
    Boston Red Sox

Red Wings and Blue Jays fan.

7. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

[​IMG]

8. Collins

Trusted

I miss hating on the super Heat team. Despised them while they were around, miss having them to cheer against when they're gone.

I'm a Spurs fan, so I'd have to say the Mavs, Rockets, and Lakers are top 3 on my shit list.

9. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Literally every popular athlete does this

10. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Maybe I didn't notice it before. I just always assumed that he was the one who started the recent trend of it.

11. Cola.

I was such a looker in the old days Prestigious

GooberSandwich likes this.
  12. Cola.

It's all about the Mets/Nats rivalry this year.

GooberSandwich and jkauf like this.
  13. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

GooberSandwich likes this.
  14. Cola.

GooberSandwich and Chris Yates like this.
  15. Teams/athletes I don't like:

Lakers
    Packers
    Yankees
    Duke basketball
    Alabama football (I respect the hell out of Saban, though)
    Rory McIlroy
    Lebron James

16. Baseball (Mariners) - I don't like very many other baseball teams because years of watching the Mariners has turned me bitter, but in particular I do particularly dislike, in order, the Yankees, Angels, Cardinals, A's, Rangers, and Tigers. In all honesty I have petty reasons to hate almost every single other MLB team but the ones I'm a little softer on, I suppose, would be the Padres and Pirates.

NFL (Seahawks) - Don't actually really mind most other teams or players. Trying to hate San Francisco or Pittsburgh feels a bit forced. Maybe Denver, but I did want them to win this year. I do enjoy rooting against other big teams though.

Hockey (Bruins) - In sports where Seattle no longer has a team I gravitate towards Boston, where I used to live, so all the classic Bruins rivals (MTL/BUF/TOR) as well as Vancouver in the deluded hope that the NHL eventually expand to Seattle.

Basketball (Celtics) - Find it a lot harder to follow the NBA really now, I watch the Celtics the most but it hasn't really changed my opinions of other teams. I do harbor animosity towards OKC (some rational and some irrational) that will probably never die.

Premier League (Liverpool) - Everton would be the natural answer here but as I'm not from Liverpool my connection to the Merseyside Derby isn't inherited and it's much easier to hate Man Utd instead.

MLS (Sounders) - L.A. Galaxy and Portland. Not much else to it.

Serie A (Roma) - Lazio are easy to hate even if you don't follow Serie A just because of their history. Also were one of the teams I convinced myself to dislike very early on as a kid as a direct function of how much I loved Francesco Totti.

17. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

NFL - Packers - because I'm a Vikings fan. Colts - because I grew up in and still live in Indiana and always thought that Peyton Manning was kind of a dick and it made me mad that people here acted like he was a saint.

NCAA Basketball and Football- IU - because I went to Purdue and also because they get all the love in Indiana. Damn I'm now realizing I'm a hater of all things popular here. Notre Dame - Because screw them too.

NBA - I'm a Pacers fan and we don't have any bitter rivals really. It used to be the Knicks when I was growing up. I can pick a player though in Derrick Rose and I really couldn't say why. Pheromones, I suppose.

NHL - Bruins - Simply because Chara has always been a son of a bitch to play against on EA's NHL games

MLB - All of them because I'm angry that baseball even exists to take airtime away from the good sports

18. patrickhowell

... Supporter

Michigan

19. Cornerb0y

Load"*",8,1

Cowboys and Redskins.

My family is from Philly so I've always been an Eagles fan. I my childhood was spent in Virginia where everyone is either a Cowboys fan or Redskins fan. Since I was the odd man out, I use to get shit from kids in school all the time. So before I even knew they were rivals, I HATED (and still do) both teams. I never thought I would see the day where I would move to Dallas, let alone visit it...but love has a funny way of changing things. Thank god my wife is an Eagles fan. GO BIRDS!!!

20. Jake Denning

@Jake_Denning Prestigious

NCAA: University of Oregon, BYU.
    UFC: Rousimar Palhares, Ryan Bader, Michael Bisping

21. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Palhares hasn't been in the UFC since 2013.

22. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

Vasco, Fluminense and Atlético-MG for national football
    Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Bayern, Barcelona and Real for european football

brazilians don't really care for much outside of football really

23. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

NFL: as a steelers fan, I despise the Ravens, even moreso whenever the Flacco-is-elite debate comes up

As a Chelsea fan, I wanna take this chance to say I often catch myself hating Chelsea haha. just can't stand the constant rotating door in management and players.

24. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

NCAA sports (Go Gators): FSU, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, A&M, Kentucky, really all SEC teams, and Ohio State. I also hate Duke. I cheer on Clemson football mainly because my wife graduated from there, and they are a hell of a lot of fun to watch. I also get to double hate the gamecocks and seminoles this way. :-)

NBA (Go Hornets): Heat, Lakers, Hawks. I grew up enjoying the Celts, Bulls, and Hornets. It's not in me to be a Laker fan (I realize Hornets/Lakers isn't a rivalry).

MLB (Go Red Sox): Yankees suck. Need I say more?

NFL: I'm a Jaguars fan, so fuck the entire AFC South, especially the Titans. I also hate the Cowboys, anything involving Peyton Manning for obvious reasons, and I miss the days when we were in the AFC Central Division and the Steelers were our biggest rival. Every game was always fun, and the Steelers were a team, as a Jaguars fan, you didn't loathe, because the games were always so competitive back then. 2007's Jax playoff run, where we're still the only team to beat the Steelers twice in the same season will long remain one of my favorite memories from that now basically dead rivalry.

Those days are long gone.

25. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

as an :arsenal: fan, man u and tottenham matches have always been the worst haha