Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Whitney - Light Upon the Lake (June 3, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Mar 24, 2016.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I'll need to hear this again, I didn't draw any connection to Pinegrove on the first go round

2. Finally getting around to this and very much enjoying it on first listen

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah im playing it a lot recently

4. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Gonna need to relisten to this, it didn't hit me at all the first go round.

5. Entoine

Saw them in Paris last weekend, legit one of the best shows i went to. this is feel good music at its best, album will probably end up in my top 10

6. Just heard Golden Days in an ad for Jameson whiskey and it made me really happy

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

This dude sounds like Cleveland from Family Guy

8. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

A song from this was on my Discover this week, checked out the record and it's really nice.

9. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Listening to this in a hammock hanging six inches over a river :-)

Owlex and trevorshmevor like this.
  10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

just spent too much money on tickets to these guys this weekend

11. Entoine

don't know if you've already seen them but you won't regret it! their show is fucking great

Chaplain Tappman likes this.
  12. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Lol a little bit. I really like No Matter Where We Go

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Did these guys really blow up recently? Their Toronto show is sold out now and I did not expect that.

14. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

they played a really tiny venue here and added a second, late show (which fucked me over, because stubhub didnt list the correct time of the show). i assume they just underestimated demand.

15. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

You didn't get in? My friend had early show tickets and accidentally went to the late one and they let him in.

16. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i called the venue to try and clarify what show i had tickets to and they told me they couldn't do anything for me and it was sold out

17. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Damn that's really crappy. It was def a bit of a clusterfuck, early show doors were 7 but said 9 on the tickets.

18. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

yep this is what fucked me. i figured that doors @ 9 had just changed to 10,no big deal, get to watch some of the debate before i head over. started getting worried the more i thought about it, called in, got fuck all.

19. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

guitar tones on this thing are pretty insane

20. zmtr

Trusted

Was looking at all the things I missed this year and somehow I had never heard this before.. Holy shit I absolutely love it.

KidLightning likes this.
  21. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Randomly saw two different dudes at my office wearing two different Whitney sweatshirts within the span of about 15 minutes. I think that's a sign I need to listen to this album again today.

Aaron Mook and zmtr like this.
  22. zmtr

Trusted

Listened to it last night. Their new Dylan cover is fantastic as well.

KidLightning likes this.
  23. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Thanks for the heads up on that. I don't regularly use Spotify so hadn't heard about it, but going to check it out.

zmtr likes this.
  24. Yep, with spring fast approaching, it's gonna be time to put this thing back into heavy rotation.

Aaron Mook and KidLightning like this.
  25. zmtr

Trusted

I heard this for the first time on 12/16 as you can see above and it still ended up being my #4 of the year.. Not bad lol

KidLightning likes this.