Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Whitney - Forever Turned Around (August 30, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by zmtr, Jun 6, 2019.

1. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I know some people aren’t that into this but man I keep listening to it non stop, just picked up the vinyl yesterday too. Something really comforting about this album for me.

Aaron Mook and trevorshmevor like this.
  2. It's great, I definitely need to pick up a vinyl copy

3. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

stoked to catch them tomorrow night. very drunkenly purchased a ticket the other night that I nearly forgot about lol

trevorshmevor likes this.
  4. SPine

Trusted

They were great when I saw them this summer

5. sean_rugy

forgot to mention how absolutely stunning they were last Thursday! I love love love seeing drummers live that are also the vocalist and Julien has the voice of an angel. there were ELEVEN people on stage, seven of the regular touring members and then a string quartet that joined them for the night. the sound was so full and the crowd was great, they played for about an hour and half.

easily one of my favorite shows of the year.

6. SPine

Trusted

[​IMG]

7. sean_rugy

go. see. them.

8. I think I’m just gonna have to accept that these guys are never going to visit Arizona :anguish:

9. username

hey you lil piss baby

Can’t think of a weirder opener for them to have than CHAI but pls go see their amazing, incredible fun set if you’re going to that tour.

10. SPine

Trusted

I'll be going to the Cleveland show. I had a feeling it would be at Beachland Ballroom. I think that's the best venue for them here.

11. The covers they’ve been releasing have been great. New one by The Roches out today.

radiodead likes this.
  12. radiodead

Trusted

Love that Country Roads cover with Waxahatchee.

13. sean_rugy

mad and trevorshmevor like this.
  14. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

This is basically like a new album for me because I don't recognize any of those songs other than Country Roads, so I'm excited.

15. Ummmm a Kelela cover wtf yes???

mad likes this.
  16. radiodead

Trusted

These 3 covers are excellent tbh. Solid move.

17. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Is it weird that I want "Hammond Song" to exist as a cult recording? Not that Whitney's gonna blow it up or anything, but it just feels like a strange choice next to "Take Me Home, Country Roads".

sean_rugy likes this.
  19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They said they are working on new music in their Pitchfork livestream yesterday!

20. Absolutely no surprise that this cover record whips whole ass

21. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Yeah I love this despite being unfamiliar with all of these songs except Country Roads, haha. I'll look into the OGs soon.

22. Shit, I was SO confused because the date in the thread title was August 30th. And then I realized what thread this was. Gonna have to spin this while I swim tonight.

23. They’re gonna be doing a couple of live-streams later this month, one on 9/23 and one on 9/30. Tickets: Whitney LIVE FROM SPACE

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Really wish I could go to the drive in show tonight but I don’t have enough people to make it affordable. I wish this was normal times and it was just at Thalia or something I’d be so excited especially with Beach Bunny opening

25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I want to go to for Beach Bunny (and Whitney) too. It rubs me the wrong way personally that these drive-in shows charge so much in the middle of a pandemic where so many people are out of work or struggling to make ends meet. Also, the cheapest option for this is more than a ticket to Riot Fest, for example. I know one option is to split among all people in your group, but still. It should not cost that much. Whitney and Beach Bunny shows never cost that much.