Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

White Reaper - The World's Best American Band (April 7, 2017; Polyvinyl) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DaydreamNation, Apr 6, 2017.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hahah rad

2. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Finally listening and this is so great. Judy French is a fucking ripper.

3. This record is probably still top 5 of the year for me, top 10 for sure.

4. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Yeah it's been in pretty frequent "rotation" for me

trevorshmevor and DaydreamNation like this.
  5. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Listened to this boating up in Tahoe and it was perfect.
    Love this record

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Easily.

7. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

This is awesome ITIOI reccomended them.

8. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

They're selling the mp3s of this for $1 and the LP for $12 on their band camp right now.

cubsml34 likes this.
  9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This is pretty good

DaydreamNation likes this.
  10. If I had been keeping a running AOTY list, this would probably have been in my top 10 at some point. Probably safe to say it's fallen out of that tier by now, but I still love this record and between listening to their discog a ton this year and watching them put on an amazing show I'd say they're probably my favorite new discovery of 2017.

11. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’m finally getting around to listening to these guys. The singer sounds a lot like the guy from Cymbals Eat Guitars.

Blaine Ryan likes this.
  12. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Was walking to the show tonight and met the lead singers entire family lmao, very nice people

13. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Just watched their set at Champagne Jam, keyboardist was going hard as a hype man.

14. Blaine Ryan Dec 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 16, 2017)
    Blaine Ryan

This is my pick for most badass album of the year.

15. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Watching was that guy was doing in his down time was the most entertaining part of the set

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  16. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

can't believe more people aren't in love with this tbh, truly one of the best rock albums of the year

17. Blaine Ryan

Their first record is a little more punk, a little less throwback rock & roll, and I don’t like it as much as this one, but it’s still a blast. Worth checking out for anyone who’s into this.

DaydreamNation and trevorshmevor like this.
  18. mattylikesfilms Dec 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 17, 2017)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It’s definitely in my top 10 for AOTY.

Also been a fan since their first EP so I love their older stuff as well.

19. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Yep top 10 and flirting with top 5 for me.

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Same. So many great records came out this year that I don't know how I will even do a top 10 without arguing with myself for an hour.

21. Blaine Ryan

“Judy French” is great, but I think “Eagle Beach” might actually be my favorite on this. What a fucking jam.

22. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

The bassist in this band cracks me up. He is normally drunk when playing (but doesn't mess up) and is totally going for some Liam Gallagher look.

The keyboardist is great. Dude is so stoked to be up on stage and I love it.

I really enjoy their music. The latest record definitely has more of a throwback Cheap Trick with a little Ramones in it, but the old stuff and most of their live show is definitely more of the Ramones/punk influence. I have seen them 3 times this year. Once in the spring. Once in the summer and once at the end of November. It's really neat seeing how much more confident they have become performing and working a larger crowd. I really think this band has a chance to do something cool because they have good songs and have been able to crossover to different types of fans.

23. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Still need to see them

24. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Yeah this is a band I try very hard to see if they come near me