Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

White Reaper - The World's Best American Band (April 7, 2017; Polyvinyl) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DaydreamNation, Apr 6, 2017.

1. DaydreamNation Apr 6, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2017)
    For fans of: Cheap Trick, MC5, The Hold Steady, Free Energy, Twin Shadow, Twin Peaks (either the band or the show really), Ryan Adams - Rock 'N Roll, The Strokes, the new Japandroids record, the 1980s, etc. etc.

Great record by great people from Louisville who I kinda-sorta know. A band I was in a few years ago shared a practice space with them and we had a lot of mutual friends.

2. Ian Cohen likes them so I figured I'd post a thread in hopes of his review making them new fans 'round here

3. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Yes, very stoked to listen to this today

4. Haruni

Regular

love it

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

they're fun live but never liked their recorded stuff, though the press for this one has been far better than anything else i've seen

6. This is head and shoulders above their previous recordings

cwhit likes this.
  7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Will check it out

DaydreamNation likes this.
  8. Halfway through my first listen and enjoying it quite a bit so far. The piano parts are a nice touch.

9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Solidddd

10. Only have listened twice so far, loses me in the back half a little bit but man this album starts out suuuuper strong

11. Craig Manning likes this.
  12. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I actually synced this album this morning to listen to based on the kinds of things being said about it. Glad to know I had the right idea! Haha

DaydreamNation and Craig Manning like this.
  13. If it's not right up your alley then you changed your alley haha

trevorshmevor likes this.
  14. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I actually recommended this in the "albums out today" thread this morning. I listened earlier this week and I dug it. I can see myself listening to this record a lot while driving around this summer.

15. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I love this post. Haha

16. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Alright so I've listened to this for a few days in a few different settings and I gotta say, this album fucking rules

17. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

I really like this album, as well.

18. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

the spotlight got me to listen to these guys. Really glad I did.
    Something about is just feels right. Just want to ride my motorcycle to it

DaydreamNation and Craig Manning like this.
  19. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

Judy French is still one of my favorite songs of the year. Love playing it while driving on hot days like today.

20. If I had a fucking motorcycle I wouldn't let any other record besides this one touch it this summer

21. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

This album is fucking awesome. I had never heard of this band and randomly stumbled upon this album, been listening to this and White Reaper Does It Again non-stop.

I work in a pub and we have a cool rooftop patio, and sometimes I get to pick the music, so one day when a few of us were out enjoying some beers on a day off I threw this on. It was the moment I decided my summer began.

22. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

My buddy recd me the Bleached, Fidlar, and White Reaper new albums about a month ago and this one has had the most staying power so far. Super fun record. Also their Audiotree session just went live.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  23. Seeing these guys tonight, very excited

24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I saw them open for Together PANGEA (everyone needs to check that band out if they haven't yet) about a year and a half ago and they were great! You'll have a blast.

25. Yup just got back and damn, that was a blast. They sounded amazing and the crowd was vibing super hard. Their bass player played half the show in only boxers, so that was uh, interesting, hahaha

mattylikesfilms likes this.