Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

White Lung - Premonition (December 2, 2022) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Elder Lightning, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Elder Lightning Sep 20, 2022
    (Last edited: Sep 20, 2022)
    Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

First album in more than 6 years and also their final album.

From BrooklynVegan:
    The album reunites the trio with producer Jesse Gander, who worked on their early records, and it's the band's first album since singer Mish Barber-Way became a mother of two, and themes of motherhood and pregnancy inform the album, as you can hear on lead singles "Date Night" and "Tomorrow."

"I felt like that part of my life was expiring, so I was projecting those angry and scared feelings out onto the city of L.A. because it’s safe and comfortable to live in your anger instead of being self-reflective," Mish says of "Date Night." She also says "Tomorrow" is "the song I wrote when I found out I was pregnant. There was a very serious understanding that life would be different forever and I was relieved to welcome that change."

And from a new interview on the band's website, the album was supposed to come out in 2019 or 2020 but kept getting pushed back:
    The funny thing was that this album was supposed to come out in June of 2019. Well, my due date was June 14, 2019. So obviously, we had to postpone. We thought, “It’ll come out in 2020.” Well, what happened in 2020? The world shut down. So, it’s taken years to finally get this album out. Then, I got pregnant again in the summer of 2020 and had my daughter. So, I had my son first, then my daughter, but that was the trajectory.

I was writing while I was pregnant with my son, not knowing that I was having a boy, so it was strange because it was the first time I had to write sober. It was sad that I had never sung a single vocal track without alcohol. I was also going through pregnancy hormones and major body changes. I felt like all my creativity was being sucked into the fetus. I couldn’t write. The words weren't coming to me like they used to. It was like this baby inside me was taking up everything I had. I was consumed. I became fixated on that feeling, so the album is about the transition to motherhood, pregnancy, and the massive life change that I embarked on during the lull between our last album. The first three songs were written, then I found out I was pregnant, and Premonition became about that.

2. I just went from 'OH FUCK' to 'oh, fuck' so quickly I think I broke some sort of land speed record

excited to hear this regardless, I'll miss them!

Elder Lightning likes this.
  3. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Ha! I did the same thing.

And I know there was some weird stuff with Mish a few years back, I never dug too deep into it but glad to hear she is sober and seems to be in a better place personally.

Carrow likes this.
  4. Crisp X Nov 4, 2022
    (Last edited: Nov 7, 2022)
    I completely missed this news and a new single dropped today.

edit: Just saw how Mish has ties with alt-right figures. I'm out

mescalineeyes likes this.
  5. Music videos for the first two singles by the way, I'm catching up:

mescalineeyes likes this.
  6. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

I really wish they stuck closer to the sound of Paradise. Her barely hitting the notes is grating to me personally.

Still here for the sick guitars tho

oh okay, this new Single is actually a lot better in that regard.

7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

isnt this band nazis

8. mescalineeyes Nov 5, 2022
    (Last edited: Nov 7, 2022)
    mescalineeyes

what? I don't think so. Mish would never

edit: Mish did, in fact, ever.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  9. mescalineeyes

ok what the fuck

10. teel

Regular

11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

she went huge NRA nut too. honestly shocked they're even releasing this.

12. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

yeah wtf lol

13. holy fucking shit yeah OK this band can rot

14. jonasjaevel

Regular

Carrow likes this.