Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

White Lung - Paradise (May 6th, Domino) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Joel May 3, 2016
    (Last edited: May 3, 2016)
    Joel

Trusted Prestigious

This is so good, listened four times already. Everything sounds like it's shimmering yet it still fuckin rips

2. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

hello im here

3. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

man i dont know if i ever lsitened to the last one but "below" is such a huge shift from the first record, jesus

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

I KNOW
    Such a gigantic leap forward and I liked their last

5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Was hoping for more variety after Below but this is amazing regardless. They've basically perfected their sound. And now that we've seen them branch out a bit I can see them making something insanely special with their next release.

6. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Oh man...I'm going to wait until Friday to listen, but the reactions here have me very excited.

7. cwhit

ugh, really wanted to get the deluxe LP, so i was emailing domino. there's some in the webstore but shipping is stupid, and he said they aren't shipping to my local B&M store and probably won't have them on my tour date. ugh.

8. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Never listened to them or heard of them before, but I'm really liking what I'm hearing. Will have to check out the album.

10. cwhit

i've been unable to listen to much else other than this and car seat headrest

Joel likes this.
  11. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

Never heard of this band before. this record is great.

FTank likes this.
  12. TheBaroness

I ordered the deluxe from my local record store and it came to $44AUD shipped. Ouch.

13. cwhit

ordered from amoeba for 20 shipped, much better than 25 from the label, heh.
    hope it's the deluxe: amazon doesn't have any records so i sort of feel like any records out there are that version

14. cwhit

dead weight is such a ridiculous opener in the best way, going to be amazing live

15. tucah

not champ Prestigious

On a whim checked out "Below" even though I had never listened to the band before and adored it. Listened to the whole thing, this record is really fucking good.

16. cwhit

maybe it's just because i've been listening to this non stop but this is my #2 of the year behind kanye. though the next month and a half have so many big things for me (hotelier, mitski, pup, chance, skepta)

kemichels likes this.
  17. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

This rips. I can imagine it being a good sing along album for the car this summer.

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This album is awesome.

It's actually kind of intimidating how many fantastic bands out there that I've never even heard of (White Lung was one of those before this week).

kemichels likes this.
  19. I can't get these songs out of my head.

kemichels likes this.
  20. TheBaroness

Bloody hell this album rips. One of the surprises of the year for me, I've enjoyed their previous work but adding in that pop element has just taken it to the next level. A very serious aoty contender.

kemichels likes this.
  21. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

After spending a little more time with it, this is exactly what I wanted from them.

22. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

YOU KNOW THIS
    MEANS NOTHING
    IF YOU GO DIE ALONE

Vivatoto likes this.
  23. TheBaroness

The guitar playing on this album is absolutely incredible. Keeps getting better with each listen.

LWS and FTank like this.
  24. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

This is fucking amazing. Below is perfect

25. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious