Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Whiskey Thread • Page 9

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by bodkins, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Thanks! Birthday gift from the wife.

Whiskey is expensive to get into imo so I stick to bulleit since I know I like it lol. And it's reasonably priced.

moura and theagentcoma like this.
  2. Philll

Trusted

The good thing is once you get a reputation as a whisky drinker it becomes a very reliable gift for friends and family. I havent bought myself a bottle in years.

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Has anybody ever used the site Must Have Malts? Musthave Malts - Your online shop for rare whisky, bourbon and rum

I just picked up a bottle of that Norwegian Bivrost whisky again, this time a peated version. Crazy story too; I've been waiting months for it to go on sale (as peated whiskey is my fav), and I had to get it through this website, as it's the only distributor for this whiskey that ships internationally. Well they only announced yesterday that it'd go on sale today, in very limited quantities. I DM'd the site's Instagram page and asked what time it'd go on sale, and the person got back to me actually and said before 9am Amsterdam time, which is 7 hours ahead. So something between midnight and 2am my time last night. I checked the site at 12am and no sale yet; 12:30am, no sale. So I then assumed it would maybe be 1am, but then around 12:52am I refreshed just for kicks and found it WAS then on sale, so I quickly added a bottle to my cart, and clicked "Proceed to Checkout", but then after spinning for a bit, it said there was a probably with the item in my cart, so I went back and tried to click the button again, but same message. I DM'd the Instagram account again to see what the issue was, and within minutes the guy got back to me and said he thought it meant it was sold out. I was super bummed, and asked why it'd let me add the bottle to my cart if it was sold out, and he said it was because some payments were still pending. But THEN he said they plan for things like that, so he said if my payment/cart still wouldn't go through, he'd hook me up with a bottle. So after 10 more minutes of trying, I decided it was sold out, so I let the dude know if he could still hook me up that'd be awesome. Told me to wait until the evening his time to get a special link from him to buy it, and literally 15 minutes ago I got the link and was able to finally purchase this (technically sold out) bottle of Norwegian whiskey. Crushed by the price of 97 Euros total (guhhhh), but it should be worth it

Bivrost Muspelheim – Arctic Single Malt Whisky | Bivrost

[​IMG]

theagentcoma likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That looks and sounds amazing, congrats on scoring a bottle

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Never heard of that site but that's awesome!

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  6. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

A neighbor is moving/getting out of the Air Force today and needed someone to mow his lawn before he's able to clear base housing so I offered to do it for him for free since they booked us multiple times for photo sessions while we've been here... Handed me this when I was done.

[​IMG]

7. theagentcoma

I don't really drink JW but a free Blue Label? Hell yeah

Brent likes this.
  8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Have you ever had JW Double Black? It's like halfway between regular JW and a full peaty whiskey; pretty tasty

Brent likes this.
  9. theagentcoma

Officially bought my first bottle of bourbon. I've been exclusively drinking scotch up to this point, but it's time. Picked up some Buffalo Trace.

chewbacca110, bodkins, Philll and 2 others like this.
  10. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Good choice

theagentcoma likes this.
  11. theagentcoma

These are silly but I was curious

Attached Files:

bodkins likes this.
  12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Bringing this thread back to show what I’ve accumulated recently
    5617F39F-FD89-4126-9CEA-CBFBBEFF0669.jpeg

13. Philll

Trusted

oh hello

14. Joe4th

I’ll always have a soft spot for Blanton’s, it’s the reason I started enjoying bourbon. But god damn the secondary market and attempting to find if nowadays is miserable

theagentcoma and Ken like this.
  15. bodkins

Trusted

It’s gotten absolutely out of control. I haven’t bought anything really since last fall. These secondary prices (and therefore retail prices) have gotten so out of this world it’s tough for me to justify buying much these days. Around here guys are paying 50 bucks for Buffalo Trace and that shit used to collect dust on the shelves for $22 here just a few years ago.

Joe4th, theagentcoma and Ken like this.
  16. shea

RIP Supporter

I bought a bottle of Blanton’s for like $50 a couple of years ago and the next time I went in the same shop like 6 months later they were charging $120 and you had to also buy a bottle of their store pick of something. FOH.

bodkins and theagentcoma like this.
  17. theagentcoma

I measure how jacked prices are by the price of a bottle of Buffalo Trace. $30 is the going rate and I won't pay a dollar more but I've seen it from 40-60 depending on the place. And don't even get me started on Blanton's lol

Joe4th, bodkins and Ken like this.
  18. bodkins

Trusted

Won’t be long before these folks are buying Benchmark for $50 *facepalm*

I will say, as outrageous as any BT product has gotten on secondary, lots of great stuff beginning to pop up in the craft world as those stocks come up in age. New Riff and Wilderness Trail are a couple I’m continually impressed by.

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. shea

RIP Supporter

I work for a distributor in GA and we got Wilderness Trail like last year or the year before but I’ve yet to try any of them. Heard nothing but good things, though.

We also recently got Three Chord which I’ve also not tried.

theagentcoma and bodkins like this.
  20. Joe4th

I saw New Riff today, thought about picking up a bottle. Pretty good?

The Three Chord I have is a store pick, it’s pretty enjoyable.

theagentcoma likes this.
  21. theagentcoma

My latest bottle is Russell's Reserve 10, very solid pour

Joe4th likes this.
  22. bodkins

Trusted

I think their bourbon is pretty solid (only four years old), but their rye is where it’s at.

Joe4th likes this.
  23. HalfHearted

Regular

New Riff and Wilderness Trail are both very good products. Anything you can get your hands on I would do it.

Joe4th likes this.
  24. theagentcoma

Anyone try the Metallica bourbon?

25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Sean Murphy and theagentcoma like this.