Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Whiskey Thread • Page 10

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by bodkins, Feb 21, 2019.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Nice flight tonight

20210906_193223.jpg

Ken, Philll, kassie09 and 3 others like this.
  2. theagentcoma

Ok mfers is anyone getting/giving anything for Christmas???? I got one of them fancy ice ball things. I also picked up this at Costco for $24!

Screenshot_20211220-184826_Gallery.jpg

Ken, Ferrari333SP and bodkins like this.
  3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

03413A68-46AB-40E9-B933-B4504EE59BF6.jpeg

4. shea

RIP Supporter

I’ve not had anything particularly nice lately but killed a bottle of Eagle Rare Friday night with a couple of good friends.

5. bodkins

Trusted

Buddy of mine who has a store let me tag along to pick a barrel of Weller this summer. Gifting one of the bottles to my brother in law for Christmas cuz he mentioned wanting some. Other than that it’s been a relatively low key fall, not hoping for much else. Snagged a Michters Toasted Bourbon, JD Coy Hill and an EH Taylor barrel proof and that’s about it. Prices are too damn insane these days.

Ken, shea, Joe4th and 1 other person like this.
  6. theagentcoma

Damn that EH Taylor pick sounds legit.

And yeah prices have been insane! I was reading an article called "The Beanie Baby-ization of Bourbon" and how the supply chain issues have created a sort of unsustainable bubble on the secondary market. Some of the prices I've seen for a simple 750 mL of Buffalo Trace are silly

billyboatman likes this.
  7. shea

RIP Supporter

I’ve got two spots near me that charge reasonable prices for BT and like Weller or whatever. Everyone else gouges the shit out of them.

theagentcoma and irthesteve like this.
  8. Joe4th

I can get BT and ER pretty easily. Weller is nonexistent or extremely stupid priced. I have a bottle of special reserve and think it’s just okay.

theagentcoma likes this.
  9. bodkins

Trusted

Yea around my town BT is up to $50 and ER is $90 at the store that gets the most allocated bottles. Shelves are cleared instantly even at that price.

Nevermind limited releases or hot brands, I think bourbon across the board is about to get even more ridiculous. Heaven Hill strike has left a lot of those brands sold out around here. Bulleit bourbon is about to be allocated and the manager mentioned Beam products are even getting hard to keep in stock.

Ken and theagentcoma like this.
  10. For Lilith

Lagavulin 16 for special or sad nights
    Texas Bourbon for whisky sours or goldrushes

theagentcoma likes this.
  11. theagentcoma

Hell yeah Lagavulin is where it all started for me

12. theagentcoma

Merry Christmas you jabronis

Screenshot_20211224-210046_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20211224-210028_Gallery.jpg

Ken likes this.
  13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

White elephant winnings

PXL_20211225_050912959.jpg

14. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Newbie here. Have loved whiskey for a long while now and recently just joined the r/bourbon thread on Reddit and signed up for this awesome lottery whiskey program. Anyone else apart of it? Just got my first pick.
    upload_2022-4-4_9-23-9.png

theagentcoma likes this.
  15. billyboatman Apr 14, 2022
    (Last edited: Apr 14, 2022)
    billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

So stoked I was able to grab one of these thanks to a buddy’s notification. Limited to 1 per customer.

EDIT: picture below.

theagentcoma likes this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Had no idea there was a whiskey thread. Wish I knew about this when I was still drinking since whiskey was my favorite. I still collect whiskey glasses even though Spindrift sparkling water has since replaced any whiskey haha.

If you're ever in San Diego, check out Aero Club near the airport/Little Italy neighborhood. They have an amazing whiskey selection. They'll give you a legit catalog and breakdown of over 800 choices to choose from.

theagentcoma and billyboatman like this.
  17. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I've been enjoying it, it has a very.... musk(?) type flavor, like wood or dirt or something, haha. I am not great at descibing flavors in words, but either way it's definitely enjoyable

19. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

has anyone tried the metallica blackened whiskey? i can't really justify spending $50 on a bottle but i'm intrigued.

20. theagentcoma

Damn I'm from San Diego, I'll have to check it out when I visit home again.

I recently visited San Antonio and tried some Texas whiskey, that's a different beast

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  21. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Hopefully this works now..
    Got it at 42. Apparently going for as much as 189.. stoked to crack this one open soon.
    upload_2022-4-14_14-35-3.jpeg

theagentcoma and Joe4th like this.
  22. HalfHearted

Regular

That is a fantastic price and probably my favorite pour. Unfortunately, it's hard to find where I am and when you do find it, yes, it is at least $100.00, most often a lot more.

theagentcoma and billyboatman like this.
  23. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Yeah, my buddy is a huge whiskey head and gave me some. I told him if he ever found any to let me know. Total Wine gets shipments on wednesday and doesn't put out stuff until noon. He was there and told me to get there quick. I got the second to last one. So hyped.

theagentcoma and HalfHearted like this.
  24. Joe4th

3EC11876-B25C-4DFD-AF35-FA824E3838B0.jpeg

25. theagentcoma

Damn nice score! Wife and I went on a date one night and I saw this behind the counter and asked about it but it was just the box lol jerks

I need to try more MM store picks, there's lots of good ones around here. There was a Maple Glazed Donuts one a little while ago that I wanted to pick up but they went fast

billyboatman and Joe4th like this.